Chapter 20

A week after you woke up, Lay said that it would be fine for you to head back to the city, but you would need to get a check up every month. You're currently packing your stuff, which wasn't much anyways. Yoongi was downstairs getting the car, you don't know where Namjoon is, probably back at home. You two have agreed to remain friends, as hard as it might be for the two of you. You didn't want to push him to do something he doesn't. He hasn't been back to the hospital since that day. You thought about moving on too, but haven't found a way yet.

"Good morning, Ms Y/N."

"Lay-ssi, I told you to just call me Y/N."

"Right," he chuckled, he also has dimples. "How are you feeling?"

"Great, thank you for taking care of me these past few weeks."

"It's a pleasure. Though I am sad about letting you go."

"What?" you turned to look at him. He was wearing specs, his hair gelled back, that was new. He normally has it down, he usually looks like a lost puppy. But now he looks like a... sheep?

"Sorry, that's very inappropriate for me to say as your doctor. But," he moved closer to you, you leaned on the bed for support. "I'll be transferring to the city in a few days, would it be possible for me to see you again?" You were in awe. No one has ever engaged this contact with you before, besides Namjoon. You didn't know what to do. "It's fine if you don't want to." he added.

"No, I-I do. Uh, it's just been too long since I've experience this." You mentally cursed yourself for sounding so lame. Instead of being weirded out, Lay gave you a big smile.

"May I have your number then?"

"How will I know you'll call?"

"Trust me, I'd be a fool not to." You laughed and the two of you exchanged numbers. Part of you felt guilty for doing this, but you can't be hung up on Namjoon forever. And he would want this for you. And to say that you were surprised that Lay said that would be an understatement. He's been coming to check up on you every day, as he should as your doctor. But he also brought you sweets like cake bites too. He seems like a nice guy, innocent, the opposite of Namjoon.

***

After saying bye to your mom and dad, Yoongi drove the two of you back to the city. On the way, you tried asking him about Namjoon's condition, but he wouldn't say anything. A few hours later, you arrived at your apartment. It made you shock when you saw Lisa running up to the car when it stopped, yanking the door open and pulling you violently in for a hug.

"Unnie, I was so worried about you!" she said, crying.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, for I'm okay now."

"Promise?" She held up her pinky, giving you the puppy dog eyes. She's such a kid.

"I promise."

"Alright, Lisa" Yoongi said as he hangs her a bag. "Make sure she takes all of her medications on time. I also texted you her doctor appointments, go with her if you can. And don't let her sleep too late or overwork herself."

"Yes sir." she responded strongly, trying to act mature.

"Jesus, Yoon, I'm not a kid." you murmured.

"Frying pan." he simply said, then drove away.

"What frying pan?" Lisa asked as the both of you headed upstairs.

"That's a story for another day."

It was early afternoon when you got home, so Lisa made some lunch. Well, attempted to, but then decided to order from Jin oppa instead. As you ate, you also told her about the whole thing. Yoongi had called her right away when you were reported missing. Then Lisa called the director, so he wouldn't worry and that the production of the movie should go on. This obviously alarmed Taehyung who then call Namjoon to ask him what happened. You told her about how you regained your memories, and how Namjoon just wanted to remain friends. You haven't told anyone about Lay yet, not until something actually happens.

"So that's that. I'm sorry for making you worry."

"Unnie, I'm never letting you out of my sight again."

"You're starting to sound like Yoongi."

"Well I see why now he's so protective of you. You're so reckless."

"Yah," you said, flicking her on the forehead, "I'm still older than you. Be respectful."

***

You went back to work a few days later. Yoongi said that it was okay since most of your bruises has healed and Taehyung will take care of you while you're at work. It seems like news of your disappearance has traveled on set, as everyone was surprised to see you. Many of them went up to you to ask if you were okay, you really just want things to go back to normal again.

"Noona?" someone tapped on your shoulder as you went through the script. You smiled when you saw who it was. Instead of answering, you embraced him tightly.

"Tae Tae, I missed you."

"Tae Tae? Wait, does that mean?"

"Yes, I remember everything. I remember our friendship, and, and Jimin too!"

"Oh my gosh, noona, I'm so glad."

"By the way Tae." you said sadly, "You shouldn't call me noona anymore."

"Well why not? You remember now, right? So shouldn't you and hyung be together?"

"That's what I thought too, but Namjoon doesn't feel the same way. So we agreed to be friends instead."

"That's so dumb. You both love each other, you should be together."

"Love doesn't make sense sometimes, I can't force him."

"Well, now for some good news. The movie is on its last few scenes. The release date has been announced to two months from now, with a red carpet premiere first." he said proudly, you've seen him on the red carpet many times and this time, it'll be for your own movie.

"Well, that is exciting. I hope you have fun at the premiere."

"You do know you have to go come, right?" he asked, you stopped flipping through the pages. You've never been on a red carpet before.

"No, I don't."

"Uh, yes you do, You're the reason why this movie exists in the first place." he said as a matter of fact. "And you get to bring whoever you want."

Whoever I want, you thought. You could bring Yoongi, but he'll hate it. Or Lisa, but since she's the photographer, she might have already been invited. You doubt Namjoon would want to be out in a big crowd like that. There is one more person you could invite, but you shook your head immediately. Who knows where you'll be at a month from now.