Chapter 17

"What business?" you asked. Right now, you guys have walked to the river bank and sitting on the dry grass. Namjoon thought the secret would be so shocking that you might need a place to sit down first.

"Okay, well first off, your family is in a gang, the Red Clover." He paused, looking at you for any reactions, but didn't get any.

"I know."

"You do?"

"Well yeah, they told me when I turned 17, the age in which I could join. And also because I noticed that Yoongi always slept in, since the meetings are so late at night."

"Actually, that's just Yoongi being Yoongi."

"Right, I should have known."

"And have you decided? About joining, I mean."

"I haven't found a reason to yet. I know they do good things, I'm sure of it, but everything just looks shady. It's all undercover and no one knows them." you said. Namjoon sighed, looking visibly disappointed. "Wait, how do you know about this? Are you a member too?"

"Technically yes."

"What does technically mean?"

He hesitated to speak, his eyes searching the sky for an answer. "It means I'm the leader."

It took you a minute to think through that statement. Namjoon didn't seem like that type of person, but then again, neither did Yoongi who sleeps everywhere he goes. But Namjoon likes literature, sports, always helps his mom cooks dinner even though he breaks everything. Maybe your perception was wrong about the Clover. " So my family works under you?"

"Not under, with me. Your family, the Min, are also very powerful in this province, so they work very closely with my family, the Kim. Yoongi is my right-hand man." You laughed at that sentence, you couldn't imagine Yoongi being useful in any context other than sarcasm and insults.

"They never told me that. So does that mean Taehyung..." Sweet little Taehyung that likes to take pictures of puppies and his parents.

"Yes, he is also a member, along with Jimin, Hoseok, and Jin hyung." You could imagine Jimin. As cute as he might be, the boy is vicious when he's mad.

"Jin oppa? But he's such a coward."

Namjoon chuckled. "He still is. He's mostly in charge of the food distributions and any food related charity events." That sounds like him. Jin oppa always nagged Yoongi when he sleeps over meal times.

"But about those girls..."

"Ah, right. I said before it was mainly business. Well other gangs in the area likes to set up some arrange relationships to make their gang stronger. And since the Clovers are famous, they like to send their daughters to me for... you know. But nothing ever happens. I swear."

"You don't need to prove anything to me." you said, giving him a reassuring smile. You would believe him no matter what he says.

"No, I do. I have to make sure you know that this is the first time I've ever done this. I mean like going out on dates or holding hands, or even kissing. God this is so embarrassing."

"Namjoon, stop, you don't have to talk about this." You giggled as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I really like you. I think I've liked you since Yoongi allowed you to go out with Tae and Jimin. You had a carefree nature, maybe I yearned for that, for someone to hold me and tell me to stop working. Whenever you're in Tae's room doing homework, I would feel relieved, I felt comforted, knowing that you were in hands reach. I would occasionally work out on purpose for you to noticed." He laughed shyly, you leaned your head on his shoulder, and he relaxed his body. "I practically had to beg Yoon to introduce you to me, for years. He's so protective of you, especially from me. Whatever changed his minds, I'm just glad of it."