Chapter 4

Rowan POV

Lua was staring out the unlatched window, her eyes were blank and glassy, her face was deathly pale. The violet was diminished, the usual deep blue was now so dark it looked black. The light was gone. Her eyes used to be like the night sky, little stars would always twinkle in them, but not today, maybe not ever again.

"I'm sorry about what has happened," I said, my voice felt rough in my throat. Her eyes shot to me, like a bullet, and her gaze was so piercing, it sent some inner part of me cowering.

"An apology won't change anything," Lua said. The first words she spoke to me, were stark and insulting. As if her usual kindness and warmth were poisoned with bitterness and ice, from the death of her beloveds.

Of our beloveds. My brother, my sister-in-law and my nephew were gone, and the pain was unbearable, but I couldn't let it on.

We needed to have one strong person in the house, to handle everything. And I couldn't blame her for how she was feeling. She was still young.

"I don't have any powers," she said after a long second "I'm nineteen and have shown nothing to what you think I have,"

I shook my head, unable to explain the mighty thrum that effused off her.

Unable to bring myself to tell her who she truly was and what she had roiling though her very veins. I said - "When you were younger, your brother angered you and you let out an explosion of fire. The incredible thing about it was that it didn't affect anything. No damage was done,"

It was a lie. And I hoped she would fall for it. And I hoped she truly did have fire, but it probably was true from her heritage.

She gave me an incredulous look and shrugged. Then she extended a hand and stared at it, her brows furrowing together as she put all her concentration in that palm. Nothing happened.

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. "That won't work,"

She frowned at me, "And what do you know?"

I gave her a smug smile, leaned back into the wooden chair and stretched a hand. I willed the water the flowed with my blood to appear before, in a heartbeat a flame of liquid danced on my palm.

I looked at her face, to catch her reaction, but her face remained impassive.

"Teach me," she finally said. It wasn't even a question, it was more of a statement. But I could teach her, I could teach her the basics of controlling her power or powers.

Nodding, I asked, "When do you want to start?"

Instantly, she replied, "Today,"

Alrighty then.

X

Ok so as its Rowan its short chapter bcuz i dont wanna roam too much through his head, its just boring i mean theres nothing really that interesting about Rowan lmao.

hes just that uncle.

orrr isss heeeee

dun dun dun