Chapter 15

"Excuse me?!" you cried, jumping out from your seat and slamming your hands on the table. You were in your boss' office but no longer gave a damn at your actions.

"Miss Y/LN (your last name), I have repeated this five times already, please clean out your cubicle and leave," your boss sighed, just as annoyed as you were.

Actually, 'annoyed' wasn't the word you were looking for to describe how you were feeling. Angry, confused, lost, surprised- anything except the word 'happy' would fit the situation.

"I don't understand," you said slowly, breathing deeply to calm yourself. "I want to speak with the CEO." You stood up and crossed your arms.

"I'm sorry but you can't. In fact, the direct orders I'm telling you is right now is from the CEO," your boss leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"That's just unfair and cruel treatment to your workers. I don't understand why I'm suddenly being forced to be kicked out from this company! Last time I checked I didn't violate any rules or regulations!" you exclaimed, gesturing  to hands angrily.

"Miss Y/LN, that is where you're wrong. I have received word from the CEO that you were harassing- oops, correction: 'going to harass'- the members of BTS," your boss looked up from the files he was reading off of and raised an eyebrow.

You nearly choked and your eyes widened. "What?" you coughed.

"It says here that you had Mr. Kim Seokjin's phone number and the members were worried at what you were going to do with it since you refused to delete it- well, that's the basic gist of it anyways," your boss read off from the files in his hand, tapping the page where he was referencing off of.

You were confused and shocked to the point where words refused to leave your mouth. After taking a few moments to breathe, you were ready to make your argument. "Excuse me, but Mr. Kim Seokjin willingly- WILLINGLY gave me-"

"The members of BTS- and especially Mr. Kim Seokjin- have denied such claims. In fact, they have said that they have never heard or known about you, much less conversed with you (ha, the story of my life- a.n.)" your boss cut you off. He started again before you could answer. "And for the last time Miss Y/N, you aren't being kicked out from BigHit Entertainment. You are simply being sent overseas as an overseer to a collaboration with another company. You should be grateful at how generous you are being treated right now. Anyways, this discussion is over, please make your way out of my office," you boss crossed his arms, finalizing this 'conversation'.

...

And that was the last time you had ever stepped foot in BigHit Entertainment Company.

It had been two years- almost two and a half. Despite having such a large time gap, recalling what had happened back then made you depressed- and angry. The rain seemed to match your mood, establishing its role as the background music. 

After being 'kicked out', BigHit had sent you to a music label in America- to act as an 'overseer', as they had called it. Unfortunately, your luck also decided to fail you there as well. After working in the American music label for barely two years, the collaboration was cut off. BigHit refused to let you back and give you a job, so you were left jobless. With no other choices, you had come back to South Korea and applied to KQ Entertainment. It was a lesser known company, just barely on the rise to establish its newest boy group. And fortunately for you, your luck finally kicked, they were hiring. You had applied as a video editor but for some reason you received the position of manager instead. You didn't complain. (I mean, if I got paid more with the added the bonus of seeing handsome faces everyday- who would? - a.n.)

"Y/LN Manager," a staff member peeked their head into the waiting room you were sitting in-snapping you out of your thoughts. "They're ready," the staff member finished. 

"Thank you," you replied, getting up. You stretched and stifled a yawn. You checked your phone, it was currently 7:03 right now. You had arrived at the company around 6:00, as protocol from the schedule. The group you were going to work with from now on were preparing for their debut, so waking up early to have a longer working day was quite normal. Surprisingly, you had already been working at KQ Entertainment for at least two months, yet you hadn't met the boys you were going to manage. Something about the two of your schedules just not fitting together- the boys with their hectic training and you with your chaotic schedule planning of future activities. Today was going to be your first day meeting them.

You made you way around the building, heading towards one of the dance practice studios the meeting was going to be held in. After a few minutes, you had found the place. Before entering, you took a few deep breaths, calming yourself before going in.

"Eight makes one team! Hello we are ATEEZ," the eight men introduced and bowed as you entered. You smiled shyly and bowed in greeting as well.

Immediately you were taken back at how handsome the men were, in a intriguing and mysterious way. The leader, HongJoong, came up to you and offered his hand in a handshake. You accepted, but the moment your fingers touched, you immediately jerked back. Hongjoong flinched at your sudden action and you felt your face blush now that everyone's attention was on you. You smiled shyly and offered your hand for a handshake again. "Sorry, your hands are really cold," you chuckled nervously.

Hongjoong recovered from the shock and returned the offer. "It's okay, I get that a lot anyways." The two of you greeted each other. "Hey!" Hongjoong called to the others, "come and introduce yourselves." The men lined up at their leader's request. Hongjoong turned back you and smiled again, "We'll be in your care," he bowed.

"Likewise," you nodded.

You were ready to have a fresh new start. You didn't know why or what had happened back when you were associated with BigHit, and after two years of not hearing an answer, you knew you weren't ever going to get one. But that was okay- at least you hoped it was. You tried to not think about them- especially Taehyung. "He just thought of as food, nothing more, and he was just my coworker, nothing more. " you would tell yourself. The words comforted your heart slightly and made getting over them much easier.

Nonetheless, the good vibes you were getting from KQ Entertainment and ATEEZ helped tremendously. It may take awhile for you to fully put BigHit and BTS behind you, but you were ready for your new life with KQ Entertainment and ATEEZ.

Things are starting to look up- maybe- well I hope so at least.

...

chapter 15 end

...

EDITED TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES

a.n.

WHERE ALL MY ATINY's OUT THERE?