Escaping The Guards

Inching her way to the door and from the speechless Alexander, who was still processing what just happened, Mia laughs and says-Hope you enjoyed my show of gratitude. Also, not so innocent am I?

(Mia's POV)

(In her head as she is leaving the office)-I cannot believe I just did that. Additionally, I cannot believe I just gave Alexander hope about us being together in the future. He is going to be truly insufferable now.

Before Mia leaves the building she sends a group text message to Thomas, Harrison, and Megan.

The text message-Hello, this is Mia Davis. I am messaging you so you may free Alexander from his chair in his office at Wilson International. I handcuffed him with his permission. The keys for the handcuffs are on his desk. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

(In her head)-Now that is done, what am I going to do now? As soon as he is freed from the chair he is going to come after me. The first two places he is going to go to is my house and Sarah's. Probably after there he will try the school. It would be funny if I snuck into my parents house and he had to go there to find me. He would probably never think to look there. Unfortunately, I am still on horrible terms with my parents and the whole trespassing issue, through they probably would not report it, since it would tarnish further their image if they get their only daughter arrested for visiting their home.

As she is still debating in her head where to go, Mia exits Wilson International. While walking in the downtown Chicago crowd, she is glancing in every direction to try to find a taxi. With all her glancing around she noticed ten people that strangely look like bodyguards following her.

(In her head)-Why are these ten people following me? They strangely look like bodyguards. However, why would bodyguards be following me? Everyone knows I am not on speaking terms with my parents. I sincerely doubt they have bodyguards following me after I cut my ties with them. Also, I doubt they would hire ten bodyguards to follow me since that feels a little excessive. Besides my parents I am important to no one in the rich society. Wait! Of course... I am important to one person in rich society who would be this excessive in protecting me...Alexander Dimitri Wilson.

After this revelation she is trying to maintain her composure while walking as to not show the guards she knows she is being followed.

(In her head)-I bet the bodyguards are going to immediately tell Alexander where I am as soon as he is freed. Consequently, the only thing I can do is try to lose them in the crowds. Under normal circumstances outrunning ten fully trained bodyguards is next to impossible. Now add to the fact that I have leg tumors and can barely run before stopping in pain. However, we only live once and this might be a fun story to tell the grandkids someday if I can achieve this.

Once the decision has been made to try to outrun the bodyguards, Mia immediately notices a taxi coming down the long street and a tour of college students exiting a building up the street. 

(In her head)-1,2,3...RUN!!!

Mia immediately sprints into the crowd of college students, hearing HEY! WHAT THE HELL? While running her leg tumors are protesting along the way. She can see out of the corner of her eye that the bodyguards were running after her.

Mia shouts-THOSE TEN PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING ME!!! PLEASE STOP THEM SO THEY CAN'T FOLLOW ME ANYMORE!!!

The college students made it impossible for the bodyguards to move pass them. While one of the college students was going to call the police, the bodyguards were trying to explain that they were her hired protection, which she is trying to get away from. Nevertheless, the college students made them show proof that they were her bodyguards before letting them run after Mia.

In the meantime, with her leg tumors screaming in protest, she was able to make it to the taxi safely thanks to the college students distractions. 

Once seated in the car she took a minute to compose herself.

(In her head)-I can't believe I made it. Furthermore, I feel horrible for worrying the college students, but if they are truly my bodyguards then they should be able to show proof. If not and those ten people were indeed following me, probably with not good intentions, it was the best thing for me to get away. Now where should I go that is untraceable? Alexander probably has connections to track my phone and credit card. It has to be a place that Alexander would never think of and probably a place that I have never been too. 

With that thought in mind, immediately the light bulb went off in her head-A place I have never been too...I know just the place. Starved Rock, where the gym classes go for a hiking retreat. They have cabins and I know Alexander would never think to find me there since it is not my style.

Addressing the taxi driver who looked impatient since he was trying to get her attention on where he should drive her-Sir, please take me to Starved Rock in Oglesby, Illinois.

Tuning out the drive, after turning off her phone to be untraceable, Mia sits deep in her thoughts.

She gets pulled out from her thoughts a short time later when the cab driver says-Here. Please pay the fare of $230. 

Mia reaches into her wallet and hands the taxi driver $300 and says to the driver-Thank you, sir for driving me here. No change please. Enjoy the tip.

The taxi driver smiles at her-Thank you, Madam. 

Mia exits the taxi and walks inside the building hoping to get a cabin for a few days since she knows she can't be gone forever due to all her responsibilities. 

After walking into the lobby, she goes to stand in front of the front desk lady named Judy.

Judy smiles-Welcome to Starved Rock. How may I help you?

Mia smiles-Hi. My name is Mia Davis. I was hoping to get a room for today and tomorrow with a possible extension. 

Hearing this Judy goes on her computer and after a few clicks says-That will be no problem. I have a sunset cabin that will suit your needs. The price for the two days is $500.

Reaching into her wallet, Mia hands Judy $600 dollars and says-The extra hundred is a tip for housekeeping and to show my gratitude since this is a walk in and I did not have a reservation.

Judy smiles-It was no problem, dear. We have walk-ins all the time. However, the housekeeping staff truly appreciates your show of gratitude. Here is the key to your cabin and a brochure with the directions and a list of activities that Starved Rock has to offer. 

Mia leaves to head to her cabin and thinks-It is a good thing that I keep at least a thousand dollars in my wallet in case of emergencies. I should have enough cash for today and tomorrow.

After finding her cabin, Mia settles in and decides to rest and watch some television. A few hours later, she hears a knock on her door. 

Out loud Mia says-I wonder who that would be?

Mia walks to the door and opens it to be shocked that Alexander is beholden at her doorway.

(In her head)-How is Alexander here at Starved Rock, especially so soon? I made sure I was untraceable as much as possible without causing red flags.

Out loud she says-Alexander, how are you here? How did you find me? Since I made sure I had no trace.

Alexander just smirks-Hello love, As you previously told me, All will be revealed in due time.

As he says those words, Alexander pushed Mia into her room and locked the door.

(In her head)-What is he doing? Why is he locking the door?

Standing in front of the locked door, Alexander says in a suggestive voice-Now, I plan to show my innocent mouse exactly what happens when she taunts the predator.

(In her head)-I am in trouble now.

(Next chapter Alexander will show his innocent mouse exactly what happens when she taunts the predator. Sorry that I keep teasing it. I just thought people would want to know how she escaped ten fully trained body guards. So I have a question. Do you like it when I do multiple chapters with the different points of view?)