Chapter 16- Traitors

We rode until we reached the old castle base where the others were. It was morning by the time we arrived, and it looked like most of them had been killed off. Fortunately, Krista, and our fellow trainees were still alive, but about to be devoured. Mikasa swooped in and saved Krista, and the rest of us followed Hanji's orders, taking down the rest of the titans. Eren even took off like an idiot, took down his first titan with the ODM gear, got his wires crossed, and fell to the ground. It was quite entertaining to watch, so I was slightly chuckling as I sliced another titan down. Soon enough, every titan in the area had been killed, and we regrouped to where Krista and the others were. Ymir had been badly injured, but apparently she was a titan shifter, just like Eren. She was apparently fighting to save the others from the titans, although I figured she was only trying to protect Krista. Their relationship was very cute, none of us were ever sure if it was romantic or not, but it was cute nonetheless. They really cared about each other, and you could see it as Krista was hovered over the injured Ymir.

"Wait... so she's really-?" Armin spit out but couldn't finish due to his shock over Ymir's titan abilities.

"That's fucking crazy..." I said. I was extremely shocked too, none of us had any idea. It really made me realize how easy it was to hide such an ability. I thought back to what we had discussed before we came here, about Bertholdt and Reiner. Again, Eren was in disbelief, but we had to be prepared for anything.

We eventually made our way back to the walls, and regrouped on top. Once I was up, I began helping the others up. I reluctantly offered my hand to help Bertholdt up, to which he blushed and replied "th-thank you, (Y/N)."

"Don't sweat it." I replied coldly. 'Shit, I'm not supposed to raise suspicion,' I thought, so I shot him a fake smile. I walked over to where Eren was helping Reiner, then we both helped Armin up. Then Reiner started going on about how he almost died twice already, he was being so dramatic. I rolled my eyes and walked away at this point.

I made my way over to where everyone else was, then Hanji came over to me. "Hello, (Y/N). I haven't really gotten the chance to talk to you yet. I asked Captain Levi about you since I've seen you two together so often, and he informed me that you're Commander Erwin's daughter, is that right?"

"Yes, that's right," I responded, probably blushing at the mention of Levi and I.

"Well, I saw you just now and I thought to myself: I haven't actually introduced myself to his daughter! So, here I am, introducing myself! I'm Hanji Zoe, nice to meet you, (Y/N)." She then stuck her hand out to me.

"Nice to meet you, Hanji," I replied as I shook her hand and smiled.

"Oh my gosh, you're so pretty, you must get your looks from your mother," she said laughing.

"Thank you," I replied with a giggle.

"Of course, but don't tell your father I said that!" Hanji smiled at me, "anyway, let's go see what's going on with the others." I followed her toward the others, and that's when Hannes appeared. He was saying that the wall had no holes in it, and that they hadn't spotted any titans. After hearing the news, Hanji ordered us to head back to Trost.

We continued to follow Hanji, until the wind started to pick up, and a flag fell, causing us all to turn our heads to see Bertoldt and Reiner speaking to Eren. They looked as if they were about to make a move, then Mikasa launched an attack, but failed to take them down. Lightning flashed, and all of us were hit by the huge gust of wind as the Colossal titan and Armored titan revealed themselves. 'Ah shit, here we go again,' I thought as I tried to stay grounded. They grabbed Eren and Ymir, and tried to take off with them. At this point, Eren had no choice but to transform.

As Eren began fighting the armored titan, the Colossal swung a fist at the rest of us. We quickly moved out of the way, onto the side of the walls, and watched as he threw Ymir and another soldier into his mouth. Hanji ordered us to launch an attack on the colossal titan, and so we took off after him. All seemed to be going well until he started letting off steam.

"It burns!" Soldiers were yelling, and it did burn. We had to retreat because none of us could get any closer without burning alive.

"Agh, he's vanishing," Hanji yelled.

"That fucker," I said to no one in particular as I stood there glaring at the traitor.

"I don't know, something's different here," Armin replied, "the last time he disappeared, it was more or less instantaneous. He's maintaining his form to emit heat. I think he's protecting himself!" He shot out one of his grappling hooks, and sure enough it bounced off. "As long as he generates steam our rigs are useless!" He then turned back to Hanji, asking "what do we do?!"

"Now? Nothing. Except wait," she replied.

Hanji gave her orders, and a group of us followed her down the side of the wall to see what was going on with Eren. He seemed to be losing the fight, and Mikasa was trying to take him down but her blades couldn't do much either due to the armor. The tables started to turn when Eren got back up and he used one of Annie's fighting techniques on Reiner. At this point, Armin went over to where Mikasa was, and the rest of us stayed by Hanji. He was trying to get Eren to retreat to the walls, which he ended up doing. Once he got to the wall with the rest of us, Hanji told Eren he needed to buy us some time by fighting the armored titan by outsmarting him and breaking his leg. She got so excited that she squealed when he agreed to the plan.

Eren and Reiner started going at it again, and the rest of us followed close behind, unable to do much else. Hanji explained to Mikasa that soldiers in the olden times used to wear armor covering their entire bodies except for places that allowed them to move freely. She explained that with how easily the armored titan was moving, he must have had a few weak spots, such as behind the knees. Mikasa took off after the two fighting titans so that she could slice Reiner behind the knees. The rest of us landed on the wall again, closer to where the colossal titan was. Eren seemed to be overpowering the armored titan, breaking through his armor.

"You've got this!" Armin yelled.

"Go Eren! Take that fucker down!" I followed suit.

"Go for it Eren! Rip that traitor's head off!" Another soldier shouted.

As Eren was starting to rip his head off, Reiner started pushing both of them forward, and stopped by where the colossal was. Then he let out a roar, presumably calling for backup. We stayed in position, waiting for the next move. Then someone on top of the wall yelled down at us, "Above you! Look out!!"

We all turned to see the colossal titan dropping with his mouth wide open, heading straight down to Eren and Reiner. It let out a huge amount of steam when he landed, causing everyone to blow in every direction. I hovered against the wall, next to Armin and Sasha, using all my strength to stay there. We couldn't do anything but watch as the two traitors made a break for it with Eren and Ymir.