Chapter 24- Losing it

By the time I awoke again, it was daylight. I guess we had set up camp in a forest. I was leaned up against a big rock. As I fluttered my eyes open and shuffled around, the others noticed I was awake. They seemed to be having a serious conversation.

"(Y/N), you're up. Good," Levi commented.

"Hey," I replied. I noticed Sasha was sitting next to me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked after noticing I was awake.

"Better, I think. Thanks," I replied. Before I could ask any questions, Sasha turned her head, noticing a sound.

"Captain, I hear footsteps," She said as we all turned our heads in that direction. "They're approaching."

"Quickly, everyone take your positions," Levi ordered. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Sasha quickly pulled me aside with her and told me to hide behind a tree and keep lookout. Two MP's came through the area, and spotted Armin by the little creek. They held their guns to him and told him not to say a word. Then, Mikasa and Levi swooped down from the trees and held their swords to their necks, demanding that they hand Armin their guns. After some discussion, Levi ordered Sasha to tie them up. I made my way over to the others as they walked away.

"Captain, would you let me do it instead?" Jean insisted, stopping Levi while the rest of us continued walking.

"Knock yourself out," he responded. He then caught up to me and asked, "are you well enough to walk?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling much better now. Thanks for carrying me before," I answered.

"It was no problem."

I just smiled in response. As we walked, so many things were going through my head. I had missed out on a lot due to my injury, so I had no idea what was going on for the most part. I kept waking up in strange places having no idea where we were or what we were doing. I started trailing behind the others again, not because I was in pain, but because I was too busy thinking to focus on walking. I was so lost in my thoughts, that I ended up tripping over a tree branch on the ground. "Ah!" I cried out as I stuck out my arms to brace my fall. "Fucking shit," I cursed as I got up.

The others turned around immediately, and Levi came to help me up. I had dirt all over me and I was absolutely livid. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern.

"No," I replied through clenched teeth.

"Are you hurt? What's wrong?" he questioned.

"I'm going to fucking lose my mind, that's what's wrong. I keep waking up in strange places, I've got this stupid fucking gash in my side, and I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is even going on at this point!" Everyone just stood there in shock at my sudden outburst, even Levi. I probably looked insane to everyone else, but honestly I was feeling pretty insane. "Mark today as the day I officially lost my fucking mind!"

Interrupting my sudden dramatic outburst, Jean appeared with the two MP's he was supposed to tie up. He explained what happened, and how they had agreed to help us. After some convincing, Levi agreed to trust them and discussed the plan moving forward. We all continued moving forward, but I stayed in the back of the group walking slow and full of anger.

Noticing me trailing behind once again, Levi stopped walking to wait for me. Sighing in frustration, he asked "have you calmed down yet?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, obviously still angry.

"Alright," he sighed again, "I'll fill you in." He proceeded to try to explain everything that was going on in great detail, but I ended up spacing out half way through again. "(Y/N), are you even listening?"