Chapter 29- I love you

Levi's POV

As I neared the figure crouched in the dark corner, I could see that it was (Y/N). "Oi, brat," I called out upon seeing her lift her face.

"Levi," she called out in response. It seemed as though she had been crying.

"What's going on?" I asked, concerned for her well being.

"I feel like my heart's just been ripped out of my chest and shattered into a thousand pieces," she replied somberly.

"What?" I was confused at her statement. Had she been seeing someone else? Or had I done something to hurt her?

"He knew..." she spoke shakily. I crouched down beside her.

"What are you talking about?"

"My dad... he knew about me all this time. Both of them lied to me. I'm just so confused. I need answers... but he's fucking wasted."

"I see," I still wasn't completely sure what she was talking about, but based on what she's told me before, I figured she meant that her parents lied about Erwin's knowledge of her being born. She had told me before that her mother never told Erwin she was pregnant.

"Man, I'm never drinking again," she mumbled, placing her arm over her face again.

"Are you intoxicated?"

"I don't know... I'm pretty sure I puked out the only drink I had."

"Tch. Fucking lightweight," I remarked. I hated seeing her like this. "Here, get up." I stood up again and offered her a hand. She took my hand, and I pulled her up. I basically had to drag her alongside me like a wounded soldier. I ended up taking her to my room, so that she wouldn't have to be around anyone else for the time being. I set her down on the bed, and asked "do you need anything?" to which she grabbed me by the shirt and pulled me until our lips crashed into each other's.

After making out for a little while, she started trying to pull me down with her to lay on the bed. She must have gotten the wrong idea from me bringing her to my room. I knew what she was trying to do, and as much as I wanted to indulge, I couldn't take advantage of her in her current state of mind. As I pulled away from her, she whispered "I want you."

"Not now, not in your current state. You should get some rest." I have to admit, it took everything I had to resist. I wanted her too, badly, but not like this. Not while she was hysterical.

"Okay," she replied rather calmly. I then proceeded to tuck her into bed, as if she were a child. She must have been exhausted, seeing how she passed out almost immediately. 'Looks like I'll be sleeping in the chair again,' I thought to myself as I watched her fall asleep. It didn't matter though, most nights I hardly even slept at all.  Plus, I would pretty much do anything for (Y/N). Ever since I first laid eyes on her, I was captivated by her. She was beautiful, and she had a kind, yet mischievous personality. She was also incredibly strong, and smart. She was so unapologetically herself. I admired the way she approached things as if she didn't give a shit what anyone else thought. She also knew how to take a joke, and her sense of humor was as fucked up as mine. I'd never met anyone else like her.

Once I was sure she was asleep, I leaned over and gave her a kiss on her forehead. Then, I whispered into her ear the feelings I was too afraid to share in waking life, "I love you."