Chapter 30- Girl talk

Back to your POV

As I awoke to see an immaculate room, I remembered I was in Levi's room. Levi was nowhere to be seen, and thank god for that because I looked like utter shit, and I had drooled all over his pillow, which I flipped over in hopes that he wouldn't notice. Also, I wasn't ready to see him quite yet after my embarrassing attempt to put the moves on him last night. I don't even know what came over me, I wasn't even drunk at that point. I guess he just looked that good. I mean, he always looked good. Anyways, then my mind wandered back to my dad. Now that I was alone, I could have a good cry about it all in peace. Once the tears stopped flooding out, I forced myself to get out of Levi's room and face reality again.

I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do today, seeing as pretty much everyone most likely had a hangover from the previous night. Originally, today was supposed to be a training day to learn about the new equipment, but I figured it wasn't going to happen now. I took this opportunity to go take a shower. As a pleasant surprise, no one else was in the locker room. This meant that I could take as long as I wanted in there. Thinking there was no one else around, I began singing my favorite song once I got in, and I mean like I was basically putting a full on concert in there. I was really getting into it, and then, out of nowhere, someone appeared and opened the shower curtain where I was.

"Ahhh!" I let out a bloodcurdling scream before realizing that it was none other than Hanji Zoe, wearing only a towel. I quickly grabbed the curtain and covered myself. "What the fuck, Hanji?!"

"Oh! I'm sorry. I heard singing, and I was curious to see who it was!" She responded.

"Geez, Hanji! Haven't you ever heard of something called privacy?!" At this point, I angrily grabbed my towel and put it on before getting out of the shower.

"Is everything alright in there?" I heard someone ask from outside the locker room.

"Yes, everything is fine!" I shouted, not wanting anyone else to come in and embarrass me further.

"I'm so sorry! I clearly wasn't thinking, heh, I guess I'm still pretty hungover from last night," Hanji desperately explained. "You sounded great, by the way!"

"Thanks," I mumbled in frustration. Then, a couple of the girls came bursting in, probably due to my bloodcurdling scream from a few moments ago.

"Hey, is everything okay? One of the guys said he heard screaming in here!" Mikasa asked as she came charging toward us. "(Y/N), Hanji, what happened?" she asked with concern.

"Nothing happened, Hanji just thought it would be a good idea to sneak up on me out of nowhere while I was in the shower and I screamed," I explained even more infuriated now than before. I quickly put on my clothes, using my towel to try not to flash them in the process.

"Oh, okay. Some of the guys heard screaming in here, so we came to check it out," Mikasa explained.

"Yeah, they said it sounded like someone was getting murdered in here!" Sasha exclaimed.

"Well, everything is fine. No one was murdered," I said, maintaining my composure.

"Oh, (Y/N). Erwin's been looking for you all morning. He said to tell you to go to his office if I saw you," Hanji informed.

"Oh, yeah, I figured," I let out a big sigh, not wanting to face him yet.

"Where were you all morning? The commander's been asking around but no one's seen you," Sasha questioned.

"Oh, I was in Levi's room," I spoke without thinking and immediately regretted it.

"I knew it! So you've been getting it on with that shorty then?" Hanji practically squealed with excitement.

"Wait, no, I was just-"

"I knew there was something going on between you and that pipsqueak," Mikasa spoke.

"I- It's not like that-"

"Wait, you and Captain Levi are dating?! I knew it!" Sasha shouted enthusiastically.

"No! We're just friends!" I lied. I guess it was pretty obvious to everyone else that there was, in fact, something going on between us. I wouldn't really care if I actually knew what exactly was going on myself. Basically, all I could say was that we were good friends that made out occasionally. And I had no idea what he thought we were.

"Yeah, friends who spend the night together," Hanji said suggestively.

"No, it wasn't like that. We didn't even sleep in the same bed. I was only there because I was upset about my dad and I didn't want to see anyone else."

"Wait, what happened with your dad?" Mikasa asked, thankfully changing the subject.

"It's complicated," I replied.

"Complicated how?"

"Well, you see, last night... I found out that Erwin knew my mom was pregnant before he left, and that he lied about not knowing when I first showed up and told him. My mom also claimed that he didn't know, but last night he let it slip while he was drunk. So, now I know that both of my parents lied to me about the whole situation."

"Wow, that's intense," Sasha chimed in.

"Yeah, so you don't know why they didn't tell you?" Mikasa asked.

"Nope. No idea," I answered.

"What a jerk. He's been lying to you this whole time."

"Yup."

"Well, that's probably what he wants to talk to you about then. You know, you really shouldn't put it off. You should go talk to that jerk right now and find out why he kept it from you this whole time," Hanji spoke rather persuasively.

"You know what Hanji, you're right. I deserve to know the truth. That bastard has kept it from me for too long."

"That's the spirit!"

"I'll go talk to him right now." And with that, I stormed out of the locker room. After my dramatic exit, I was greeted by a small group of the guys standing outside the girls locker room. Then I realized that they were probably gathered there due to my bloodcurdling scream from just a few minutes ago.

"Hey, is everything okay in there?"

"Someone heard screaming."

"(Y/N), what happened? Was someone hurt?" There he was. The liar of a man who I called father.

"Everything is fine," I informed them. Then I made my way toward the Commander and firmly stated: "Dad. Let's talk." I grabbed him by his only arm and tugged him along in the direction of his office.