Chapter 5

"Could you guys get some straw and rubber bands for me?" I knocked on the door to the room I was currently being held captive in.

"What do you need that for?" Thing 1, who's name was actually Alec, asked back.

"Nothing big." I answered nonchalantly hoping they wouldn't see through my plans.

"...Okay." He replied. "I'll go try and find some straw you stay here Ben." He told thing 2 to keep his station.

"Ben, Benjamin my boy, wha-"

"Nope."

"I haven't even said anything yet." I yelled out exasperatedly.

"Last time I listened to you, the emperor almost had my head."

"The emperor?"

Gag. This guys form of address is making me feel embarrassment for Luther.

"Anyways, it's not a big reques-"

"Can't hear you, la la la." I could imagine him sticking his fingers in his ears as he said, or more like sung this.

"So immature."

God damn it now that Alec was gone I thought I could trick this guy into letting me escape. But it seems his IQ had undergone an evolution since last week.

"Step away from the door." Alec's voice suddenly commanded.

"So quick." How'd he find straw that quick? "Thank you." I mumbled as I picked up the straw and rubber bands that slid under the door.

I had gone to work immediately fashioning a humanoid shape from the straw and rubber bands. Then with a final stroke of the pen I inserted the slip of paper inside the little doll.

"Phew, perfect." I wiped the imaginary sweat off my forehead.

"What are you doing in there?" Alec asked when heard thumping coming from inside my room.

"Just... some... exercise." I shouted between breaths. I stomped on the doll once then jumped on it again then picked it up and threw it to the ground. Then I began jabbing at it with my fist. Left hook. Right hook.

What? I needed to vent my anger somehow.

Suddenly the door was pulled open revealing a less than impressed Luther.

Luther? Why was he here again?

Then I froze mid-stomp, looked down at the straw doll then up at Luther. With a gulp, I slowly lowered my foot then kicked the doll under my bed.

"Hey, Luther. What brings you here, so soon?" I smiled brightly, trying to gloss over the fact that he definitely saw it.

He silently raised his hand up, asking for me to hand him the doll.

"Yep, nice to see you too." I shook his hand, acting oblivious, as the sweat began dripping down my back.

"Doll." He commanded and I reluctantly walked over to my bed before glancing at him with sad eyes. He shook his hand impatiently and I drooped down to pick up the doll from under my bed. Then I turned and took a few steps forward, then paused as I sent him another sad look hoping he would overlook this.

But what did I expect from this petty villain? He shook his hand yet again telling me he wouldn't let up.

"Give me what you're hiding behind your back as well." He said after examining the beat up doll.

"Tch." I sucked my teeth in annoyance before handing him the crumpled piece of paper.

"So this doll you were stomping on, that is so obviously a voodoo doll, had my name in it... Is that right?" He asked whilst holding back a smirk.

"What do you take me for?" I gasped dramatically. "It's not a voodoo doll... it's a... love charm." I internally grimaced at the level of my lie.

I was definitely suffering from this confinement, otherwise how else could I come up such an easy to see through lie? "Really, I'm not lying. You're supposed to write the name of your crush in it and then stomp on it with all your feelings of ang-love to activate it." 

"Ah... I see." He said as he walked over to the notepad lying on the desk in the corner. "Autumn... Adams." He spoke as he wrote it down before roughly ripping the paper off  and slipping it into the doll.

"W-what are you doing?" I scrambled towards him trying to grab the voodoo doll off of him.

"Nothing." He threw the doll on the ground preparing to stomp on it but he was too slow. I slid towards it grabbing it with both hands and yanking it back, barely avoiding the sole of his dress shoes.

"Y-y-you monster." I cradled the doll in my hands gently as I looked up at him with an accusatory glare.

"Just a love charm, huh?" He asked in amusement.

"Okay, okay. It's not, are you happy now?" I rolled my eyes as I tore up the piece of paper with my name on it and walked over to the bathroom to throw it into the toilet bowl. Luther for some reason followed me and did the same with his paper.

"If you do this again don't blame me for  killing you." Luther grinned at me as he said these oh so romantic words and I hugged myself in comfort.

"Get dressed." He told me as he sat himself down on my bed.

"Why- okay, okay."

Jeez, he won't even let me ask any questions.

"Aren't you bored?"

"Are we going outside?" I paused rifling through the clothes in the closet and looked at him expectantly.

"Yes... of course, I do hope you won't try to escape again." He added when he saw the scheming look on my face.

"Me? When have I ever tried to esc- urgh, okay... But can you blame me?" I muttered the last part to myself.

"Just wear this one." His arm reached out from behind me pulling out a dark green dress.

"Y-you, I knew it! You're trying to sneak attack me." I slipped under his arm and rushed to my bed shielding myself with some pillows. He had already killed me 5 times since the day I had been captured and it was always when I least expected it. "I almost let my guard down for a second." I wiped the sweat from my forehead and glared at him.

"I'm not going to kill you today, don't worry."

Today he says, I wish you would just stop killing me, period.

"I think I should rest today. I don't wanna go out." I crossed my arms in defiance. The rebellion that lasted 0.5 seconds was quickly quelled by the drawing of his gun. "Wow, this green dress perfectly compliments my eyes. Luther you're so good at picking out dresses. Wow fantastic." I clapped my hands excitedly as I reprimanded my shamelessness internally.

A/N:gotta love the pettiness of both characters tbh. Edit like a few months later: I JUST REALISED ISNT THIS LUTHERS CONFESSION WTHHGGHHHH