Chapter 15

"Autumn." A whisper knocked me out of my daydream on my way to the bathroom.

"Who?" I looked at the suspicious man wearing a cap and flu mask as he signalled for me to come closer.

This seems awfully reminiscent of a kidnapping attempt from my childhood. But that man had a more interesting offer of sweets in a van rather than a janitors cleaning trolley in a dark hallway.

"It's me Samuel." He whispered when he noticed my reluctance.

"Eh-hh." I lowered my voice as he raised his finger to his lips in a shushing motion. "Why are you here?" I whispered as I approached him slowly, trying not to garner any attention from any spies that may be watching.

"I'll tell you later, meet me back here in 5 minutes." He explained quickly before continuing down the hall.

"Ehhh?"

Did I just imagine that?

I shook my head quickly running towards the bathroom. Although I had one in my room the one on this floor looked much cooler and it was fully black as well! 

I waited around for a few minutes to see Samuel half-rushing around the corner.

"Quickly, come hide in here." He whispered as he slowly pushed the laundry cart past me.

Was he helping me escape? This was the first time someone was trying to help me escape.

I brushed a few tears away while I snuggled up to some sheets in the laundry cart.

"You can come out now."

"Where are we?" I asked as I stood up holding onto the hand Samuel held out to help me out of the cart.

"Near one of the fire exits. Oomph! W-what are you doing?" Samuel stuttered red-faced.

"Thank you so much!" I looked up at him as I released him from my hug.

"Y-you're welcome, b-but we really need to go before they realise you're missing." He began pulling the hand he was still holding and I was dragged along with him. Eventually we reached a tinted out black Audi and when I opened the back door I was met with a familiar face.

"Urgh, boo." I made an ugly face while showing a thumbs down.

"W-what? You, even though I came to help you." Kristoffer glared back at me grabbing a hold of the door handle to close it while I pulled the door to open it.

"Kristoffer stop bullying her." Samuel stepped in between us and motioned for me to go sit shotgun.

"I wasn't even bullying her!" Kristoffer shouted as he slammed the car door shut angrily.

"Yeah Kristoffer, stop bullying me." I grinned at him from over the console.

"Don't say my name, don't talk to me, don't even look at me." He glared at me, shoving my head backwards into the dashboard. My eyes widened as I fell back but Samuel's hand softened the blow.

"Kristoffer." Samuel growled angrily after checking I was fine. I mean he didn't even push me that hard but if that meant Samuel scolding the guy responsible for his death... Death?

"Oh my god!" I shouted out bonking myself on the head in frustration.

"Huh? What's wrong Autumn?" Samuel turned from scolding Kristoffer towards me with a worried look.

"I'm so stupid." I blinked rapidly slapping myself on the head.

"For once I agree." Kristoffer sneered and Samuel sent a glare towards him.