Chapter 30

*Still Luther's pov*
Will this calm her down? I pat her back hard at first but then realised she was just crying more. So I started to gently pat her as the woman in my memories reappeared.

Luther, I'm so sorry. She whispered close to my ear as we sat in a dark room somewhere. Then she quietened down at the sound of footsteps, pulling me closer to her chest. I could feel warm droplets falling against the back of my neck as she silently cried.

Stop crying, you useless woman. I closed my eyes trying to shut out the sobbing in my memories.

You can't make a sound okay Luther?And you can't follow me okay? With a final pat she kissed me tenderly on the forehead before pushing me away and leaving me in the dark, slamming the door behind her.

M... The pathetic me in my memories began calling out but quickly covered my mouth with both hands remembering her warning. But the sounds outside, her shouts of distress I couldn't listen to her. I pushed the door open a sliver to see her lying on the floor staring directly at me.

The scene of her being defiled as she sobbed while briefly shaking her head at me shook me to my core. I was too young to understand what was happening but old enough to feel pain at the sight of her tears. I scrambled back with my mouth still covered, muffling the sounds of my crying.

Close your eyes, you idiot. I shouted at myself but I was years too late as through the crack of the door I witnessed the bullet tearing through her skull followed by her blood pooling. Her head rolled to the side and she stared at me with lifeless eyes and finally I pulled my gaze away from her to see the man responsible.

Black eyes stared sadistically at the corpse of my mother and a smirk was plastered against his face. He slowly pulled a handkerchief from his pocket wiping his gun and then the blood smattering his face.

Then suddenly he turned towards me and his smirk grew larger, a small laugh sounded before he abruptly turned around and left the room. Leaving behind the terrified me and the lifeless body of my mother.

I trembled as I slowly left the dark closet behind me, crawling towards her. I tugged on her hand signalling for her to leave only to find that the warmth and softness from earlier had become cold and hard.

I grabbed her bloodied face telling her to wake up but she couldn't hear me.
Falling backwards in exhaustion I suddenly felt the warmth of the blood beneath me.

Stop it. I forced myself out of my memories and instead focused on the quiet sobbing of the girl in-front of me. I closed my eyes tightly as the memories kept surging regardless of my intentions.

Was this keeping you warm? Are you sick? Are you sleeping because you're cold? I asked realising that I often fell asleep when it was cold and I was sick. Smearing the blood over her hand i tried to warm it up but no matter how much I tried she wouldn't warm up. I sat there and sobbed as the warmth of her blood slowly faded and I realised I couldn't wake her up.

I was pulled out of my daze as the warmth in my arms pulled away and I looked at Autumn who stood there wiping the last of her tears.

"Ahem, are you feeling better now?" I coughed while putting my hands behind my back as she covered her face in embarrassment.

"Yes." She muttered and then there was silence as an awkward tension settled around us.

"Are you going to tell me what made you act this way or are we gonna pretend nothing happened?" I finally asked, crossing my arms as I raised a brow at her.

"P-pret..." She paused her answer as she scanned my face for something. "You can't laugh." She decided after a length of time.

"I won't." I nodded signalling for her to start talking as I took a seat on a sofa in the room whilst she paced around before sitting back in her bed.

A/N: aña lil bit of baby wuther to calm ur nerves