Chapter 16

"Sister!" A voice suddenly called out from beside me. "Sister, it's me Ian." A hand grabbed me by the shoulder turning me around roughly. I was face to face with a kid who looked around 15, green eyed, blond haired and looked awfully similar to someone I knew, but who?

"Who?" I pulled his hand off my shoulder, wide-eyed.

"Don't joke around." He glared at me pulling me by the hand. "Where have you been this entire time? Mum and dad are going crazy looking for you."

"I think you have the wrong person." I shook his hand off me as Samuel came to stand between us.

"Autumn stop joking around." Ian yelled in frustration.

"Did Luther send you?" I asked, narrowing my gaze in suspicion when he said my name.

"Who the hell is that?" He ruffled his hair, obviously annoyed. "And who's this loser?" He glared at Samuel who stood there completely lost.

"Who the hell are you? Don't call Samuel a loser." I glared back at him.

"Why are you getting angry at me?" He whine, holding back tears.

"I don't have a brother." I stated matter of factly.

"That's so mean Autumn."

Why are you crying to me for? I have no clue who you are dude.

"He does look like you." Samuel looked over at the boy with pity.

Where? I'm a brunette with green eyes, this guy is nothing like me.

God damn it, why are our dates always interrupted?

"I really don't know him." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why are you lying? Did I do something to make you mad?" He grabbed onto my arm looking up at me with teary eyes.

"You're pretending to be my brother, that's kinda annoying."

But he's really adorable at the same time.

He grabbed the phone from his pocket turning it towards me. "I am your brother." His lock screen was a picture of me and him.

That's kind of weird, why would you have your lock screen as you and your sister?

"That could be fake." I pushed his phone back towards him, then he unlocked his phone.

"Look." He whined showing me entire albums of pictures of us.

"Oh my god, this is such a cute picture."

Who's kitten is this and why is it so cute?

"No wait, these could be fake." I had found myself going along with the kid's pace but shook myself out of it.

"I don't think they are fake." Samuel patted me sympathetically.

"But I really don't have a brother." I looked between the pictures and the boy who looked like he was about to burst into tears.

"Autumn Elizabeth Adams." A woman's voice called out, laced with anger it was.

My body moved on it's own in response to that scalding voice. But before I could run away I was grabbed by Ian.

"You can't run away again." His grip was unrelenting even as I floundered around trying to escape.

"I knew it! Luther really did send you." I tried elbowing him but was stopped by a woman.

"Autumn, where have you been hiding for the past months?" She growled as her grip tightened around my elbow.

"Who are you?" I all but screamed at this random blonde haired lady and boy pair who were acting too familiarly.

"You're even pretending not to know mum?" Ian looked shocked.

"You're asking who I am? I didn't walk around with you for 9 months to be treated like this." The woman's anger became stronger and stronger with every passing second.

"You didn't carry me for 9 months, stop trying to steal my mother's hard work." I yanked my arm out of her grip and pushed back the boy. "What the hell is going on?" I rubbed my face in aggravation.

I'm not from this place so how the hell is a random family coming to claim me?

"Oh my god." The woman was about to lose the plot.

"Honey, calm down." A man had appeared pulling the woman's hands away from ripping her hair out. "Autumn." The man sighed looking really tired.

Why does this man look exactly like me? What the hell is going on? My head hurts.

"I think they really are your family." Samuel looked between me and the man and had seemed to have seen the resemblance too.

"It's not possible." It really wasn't possible.

"Please come home already. We won't get angry if you come home." The man held his hand out and I hesitated seeing his worn-out expression.

My step-dad never showed such worry towards me like this random man.

"Can you come with me? Just in case Luther sent them?" I gripped Samuel's sleeve with a pleading look.

"Y-yeah sure." He muttered rubbing his face shakily.

"Thank you."

"Who's this?" The woman asked,  looking somewhat excited.

"Who are you?" The man asked, his hand clenching into a fist.

"Samuel Kim, I'm a friend of Autumn's." He introduces himself putting his hand out for a shake. The woman gripped his hand with both hands shaking it jovially before halting.

"Wait, were you the reason she's been missing?" Her grip suddenly tightened and Samuel began withering under its strength.

"Hey, stop that or I'm not coming with you guys. It wasn't him, it was some pervert." I pulled the woman's hands away and she instead gripped mine.

"P-pervert? Are you okay? Let me see, oh my poor girl." The man pushed the woman away and grasped my face scanning it worriedly.

"Do you know where that pervert is?" The woman's grip began tightening as her anger was reignited.

"O-ow."

"Honey, stop it you're hurting her." The man pulled the woman away sending me an apologetic glance.

"I'll protect you sis." Ian said as he hooked his arm in mine, not letting go even as I tried to shake him off.

How's this dwarf gonna protect me? Also what the hell is this atmosphere suddenly?

"I-I'll protect you too." Samuel mumbled from the side.

"Aww, thanks Samuel." I smiled widely at him causing Ian to send glared towards him.

"What about my thanks?" He pouted at me teary-eyed.

"..." This kid is like a puppy.

I patted his head involuntarily causing him to blush lightly as he turned his head away with a smile.

The man and woman led us to a house that seemed familiar somehow. Even though I know it shouldn't be, this is getting weird.

A/N: what is occurring here? Who knows, not me hehehe. I'm so unsure about which ship will sink and which will carry on mannnnnn Luther's just such a lovable psycho at least to me but Samuel's just such cutie!!!!!! Urghhh idk Idk find out next time in the next issue of author has mental breakdown...