Chapter 22

"I was not expecting this... at all." I rolled my eyes in annoyance at the sight of Luther standing outside Samuel's apartment.

"We should leave before they see us." Samuel whispered while dialling for the police.

"Police aren't of any help, pretty sure he's paid them all off already." I shook my head as I slowly pushed his phone down.

I was of course speaking from experience, I tried calling like 6 different police stations and none of them came to my rescue.

"What do we do then?" He whispered looking distressed as he glanced towards Kristoffer and Soleil, who were shivering in fear surrounded by Luther's henchmen.

Although I hated Kristoffer with all my guts (pl.) and livers(sing.)and spleens(sing.), he was somewhat human at the end of the day. Soleil on the other hand I was willing to throw down my life for. So I'll probably need to help.

"Urgh, I don't think this will end without bloodshed if I don't give myself up." I rubbed my forehead stressed at the thought of having to deal with Luther again.

"No! You can't Autumn, I'm sure there's another way." He grabbed my hand yanking me back from stepping out of our hiding space.

"Autumn!" Ben suddenly yelled and I couldn't help but facepalm.

"You stay here." I muttered as I recalled an eerily similar standoff that occurred sans me and ended in a certain black haired boy's death.

"I'll come with you." Samuel grabbed my hand, and if I didn't have that all too familiar ominous feeling growing in the pit of my stomach I might've been happy.

Okay I was still kind of happy.

"Please just stay her-" My pleading was interrupted by a chilly voice.

"Autumn, did you have fun on your little escapades?" Luther asked while lazily leaning against the wall besides us, glaring daggers at Samuel's hand.

"Yes, it was pretty fun." I answered with a smile as I pried my hand out Samuel's. "In fact, it's so fun why don't we opt for a part two?" I propositioned, knowing there was no way in hell he would agree.

"No~ it's no fun chasing you anymore." Luther answered in a happy tone that sent chills down my spine.

Now that I think about it I feel like he's been supporting a really creepy grin this entire time.

"I could make it more fun, but let's leave the civilians out of this shootout, yeah?"

"Are you sure you don't want your boyfriend to stay and help you?" Luther's grin and happy tone had been replaced by a steely gaze and icy tone.

"B-b-boyfriend." I spluttered feeling my face heat up as I glanced at Samuel.

"He's not?" His tone had lightened ever so slightly.

"No!" Well, not yet anyways.

"Okay, they can leave." The chill Luther was emitting was beginning to fade as he seemed to be feeling better but that twitching trigger finger gave away the reality.

He's super angry right now, god damn it.

Kristoffer and Soleil looked over at us and Samuel and I nodded for them to leave.

What's this guys problem, man? Put your god damn gun down, do I look like a target to you? Am I just here to help you upgrade your accuracy stats?

"Samuel please, can you leave? I'll be down in a moment." I pleaded as I pushed him away hoping he would leave.

"No, he's going to lock you up again, Autumn. If we just leave now, I'm sure I can get my dad to sort this mess out." Samuel whispered loud enough only for me to hear.

His dad? The one that ran a cleaning business? What the hell would the janitor be able to do against Luther? Knock him out with urinal blocks? I shook my head trying to refocus myself. No, now was not the time for these thoughts.

"Ben can you drag this nuisance away?" Luther commanded sending a glare towards Samuel.

"Yep." Ben replied happily as he and a suited figure began dragging a very loud Samuel away, the loudest I've ever heard him may I add.

"Now, let's go back shall we?" Luther asked happily, but his eyes emitted a whole different feeling that could be summarised into one word.

Crazed.

He looked like he had lost the plot entirely. There was no semblance of plot anywhere to be seen and with this realisation, front hand and backhand slapping me, I took a step back.

Wrong move it seems, as the smile on his face dropped instantly.

"It can't be that you're trying to run away again, right?" Luther blinked slowly as if the thought of me running was something irregular.

"N-n-o." I stuttered feeling truly afraid of Luther for the first time in a while. I don't think I can laugh my way out of this situation.

As Luther took a step towards me, I could feel the adrenaline kick in and I found myself running before I could properly think about my actions and their consequences.

After taking a few steps I heard that familiar bang and the searing pain began spreading from my stomach. But something was different this time, I wasn't sure what, but the pain was different.

Something is really wrong...

A/N: TUN TUN TUHHH

This pic goes really well with the last few sentences lollllll

Here's my rabbit resting, looking like she been murdered when she did this the first time I shat myself thinking she dead or something 😂😂😂 and yo yesterday she was trying to escape and was running Mach speed at me trying jump over the fence behind me like she thought she kept doing binkies which is a sign she bout to do something dumb and I was Damn right she thinking she slick but she couldn't get passed me. So i basically defeated a rabbit and so like I'm just like the strongest human being alive as well as the smartest and most beat and humblest *bows* thank you thank you