Chapter 25

When I woke up I found myself being stared at by familiarly unfamiliar emerald eyes.

"S-Samuel?" I stuttered finding that his stare left me unsettled.

"Sorry, did I scare you? I was just going to wake you up, there's a situation and we need to leave right now." He whispered as he grabbed my hand and began leading me out of the hospital, through the window might I add.

"W-why are we using the window?" I tried pulling away from him causing his grip to tighten.

"The employees are under Luther's control if they see you leaving he'll be alerted." He began pushing me out of the window and covered my mouth before I could scream as he fell down with me.

As I hurtled towards the ground I squeezed my eyes shut hoping I would wake up from what seemed to be a nightmare. But the imaginary Samuel's creepy green gaze flashed behind my closed lids.

"What the hell?" I screamed at Samuel after bouncing off the cushioned mattress below the window. The pain in my stomach was dulled by the adrenaline but the blood seeping through informed me that I would be shouted at again by the doctor, and probably tied up.

"Of course I wouldn't kill you, let's go." He mumbled as he pushed me into the back of a van.

This feeling of being pushed into the back of a van is very reminiscent of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"Go to sleep while my friend works on your wound." Samuel said as he gently placed his hand over my eyes.

The effects of the adrenaline had already began ebbing away and my pain was sending me close to losing my consciousness.

Why'd the doctors ease off the painkillers? I grumbled internally before falling asleep. Only to awake sometime later tied up to a chair in a dark room with a dingy light swinging above me.

"Oh are you awake?" Samuel asked as he suddenly stepped out from the dark.

What is with this cringy 80s villain entrance?

"Why am I tied up?" I asked whilst blinking my eyes slowly, adjusting to the dim light.

Where's the usual Samuel gone? This Samuel is creepy, I want the nice Samuel back. Is this really a nightmare?

"You must be wondering why I'm so different to the Samuel you know?" He asked as he began slowly reaching towards his eye. He peeled back his eyelids with his index and thumb and reached towards his eyeball with his other hand.

"Aaaaah! Oh my god. NO. No, what the hell is this genre change?" I screamed in fear as his hand slowly reached towards his eye. "Let me go, omigod." I screamed as I slammed my heels against the ground and struggled in the chair.

As I screamed in fear he gave me a confused look and gently plucked something out of his eye.

"..."

"..."

"Oh, it's just contacts... So your eyes aren't green, what's the big deal?" I rolled my eyes as I squinted to see the true colour of his eyes.

"... My name is Daniel." He expanded as he waited for the realisation to hit me.

"Okay, wow your name is Daniel, so crazy." I was getting kind of annoyed with this Daniel guy, he's not cute at all. I want my cute Samuel back.

"Are you stupid?" He asked suddenly, seeming dumbfounded at my response.

"You're stupid, why'd you kidnap me just to tell me your real name? Are you gonna tell me some kind of family secret like you're actually the son of a mafia member who's super rich and you've been made to hide your real identity so that you could stay safe until you came of age? But let me tell you that your "disguise" is disgustingly lazy, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have be thrown off your tracks by some £2 contact lenses and a name change." I rambled on as "Samuel" stood there becoming more and more gobsmacked.