Chapter 31

*Another Luther*
"..." I stood in silence after she had rambled on about why she had been crying. "So, you're saying we're all characters in a book? And you were crying because you keep losing your memories?"

"Yes! I know it sounds crazy, it is crazy but I'm not from here. I'm from the real world. All this is just fake." She gestured around at the hospital room.

"R-real world?" I blinked rapidly as I was trying to wrap my head around everything but those last words were annoying me.

"Yes, none of this is real you know all you guys are just following a plot line. You're all fake." She nodded happily, seeing me seeming to believe her words.

I can't deny it because of what I've seen but I also can't accept it... Because it's my whole existence. I grimaced as her smile brightened and then an uneasy feeling settled at the bottom of my stomach.

It grew and grew till I could not longer hold my anger down. I stalked over to her causing the smile on her face to stiffen.

"...I am real. Look at me, do I look fake to you? Isn't my skin warm? Isn't my heart beating? What the hell do you mean I'm not real? Maybe it's a book to you but this is my life!" I grabbed her face with both hands and held it in place to force her to see me.

What does she mean it's not real? If I wasn't real then what am I? What about my memories, my emotions, my pain?

My mother? She died as a convenient plot point? She wasn't real so is none of the love she gave me real? I went through all of this for what?

"Luther, c-calm down."

"No, how can I calm down? How would you feel if someone wrote off your entire existence as a fable? I already knew you didn't treat us like people but this... saying it straight to my face and with a huge smile as well." My knuckles whitened as my grip on her face tightened. "I. Am. Not. Fake." I reiterated through gritted teeth.

"Y-you're right, you're not fake, not fake." She tried pulling away from me as her skin began to redden from my tightening grip.

"Why? Why did I have to be like this?" I looked at her, seeking answers.

Why couldn't I have a normal childhood? Why did I have to sacrifice so much for a shitty plot point?

"L-L..." Her eyes widened as she reached out to pull away my hand. "You, why are you..." She paused with a look of complete shock. "You can't cry, you're not supposed to cry." She wiped my face with her sleeve roughly.

"Hah." I laughed dryly. "So my 'character' can't even cry? Why? Is it because I'm a monster? Is that what it is? I'm not your stupid book character, I'm a living breathing person." My breaths became more laboured as I struggled to keep my emotions at bay.

"I understand, sorry I shouldn't have spoken like that... No, I know you're real." She spoke in a hushed tone trying to comfort me. "I know, I know." She looked down as she repeated it, mostly to herself.

"What was supposed to happen to me?" I tilted her head to look up at me when I realised something was off, she didn't talk about the ending.

"Nothi-" She began to speak but seeing my disbelieving look she hesitated. "It's best for you not to know." She avoided eye contact as she said it causing my spine to chill.

"Autumn." I spoke coldly while glaring at her.

"It's really better for you not to kno-"

"Tell me." I interrupted her with a shout causing her to flinch.

"Y-you die." She braced herself for something but when nothing came she slowly opened her eyes to look at me.

"..."

"I what?" I said slowly asking for her to repeat herself.

"You die." She quickly pulled herself out of my grip as she realised my grip had loosened.

"How? Why? When?"

"Do you really want to know everything?"

"Everything." I nodded.

"You had an unhealthy obsession with Soleil because of her innocence or something. There was a scene after you kidnapped her that Kristoffer joins up with a creepy looking mafia guy and he ends up killing you. It was really creepy... But as you were dying you tried to shoot at Kristoffer and Samuel ended up dying from that bullet." She explained slowly glancing at me occasionally.

"I was obsessed with that brown haired cry-baby?" I asked almost more in shock about the fact I would go for such a spineless girl then I was about my death.

"Yeah, it said in the first few chapters that she reminded you of someone you wished to protect."

"What happened before my death?" I asked her ignoring her inquisitive stare.

"..."

"What is it? Did you forget it? Was it unimportant?"

"I'm not sure, I skipped to the last page." She rubbed her face in distress as she looked at me.

"What about, what about my actual death? The man who killed me do you remember a description?" I wasn't able to remain calm at the least throughout our entire conversation.

"Bl- blue? No, it was black eyes." She looked up at the ceiling as she tried recalling information. "He said something really weird, like, about a brown haired who** in a closet."

"Fu****." I shook her shoulders in a panic. "He really said that? Really?"

That fu***** bast***.

It's not possible.

I killed him.

I made sure I killed him.

"Answer me." I yelled impatiently as she stood there frozen. I felt my chest heat up in anger as I saw her eyes trailing towards the exit- a sign she would try to escape.

I shoved her hard causing her to trip backwards onto the hospital bed.

"Tell me, did he really say that? Are you sure he said that?" I asked while standing over the bed, looking down on her.

"Yes I'm sure, I'm 100% sure." She yelled at me while pushing herself off the bed. "Why did you have to push me down and why the hell are you yelling at me for?" The shock from earlier had worn off and she began complaining while rubbing her sternum. "Pushed me so hard, for what?" She glared at me but whimpered when I sent it back at her.

"Please, think harder and tell me everything you remember." I sat back down next to her taking a few moments to compose myself.

A/N: let's talk about a trauma of mine... that trauma is the freaking CHEATING IN HAMILTON Jesus Crist like I can't even listen to that song without getting triggered like just thinking about it just NO! No no no Hamilton I was rooting for you 😭😭😭😭😭😭 also why the random Hamilton rant you ask? Coz I was listening to some of the songs [non-stop and room where it happened are a bop] on loop alongside the PJ musical and I just remember where it all went wrong.