Chapter 32

*Autumn's POV*
My heart began thumping uncontrollably in my chest at the sight of Luther's eyes tearing up. The feeling of it was different from the fear I felt when he wanted to kill me, but it made me feel just as bad.

I was in complete shock, what the hell is going on with his character? He's not supposed to cry, the pages I read had all made sure to explain he lacked emotions. That he was basically a psychopath and his obsession with Soleil stemmed not from love but some weird part of him.

His palm slammed into my chest as he shoved me back when he saw my eyes trailing towards the exit. The pity I had been feeling earlier had left me like my breath.

This f****** piece of s***.

He seemed to calm down after a moment and sat down beside me asking me to explain the story in full. The problem is I don't know the story in full, sobs.

I tried my best to recall as much as I possibly could and at the end of it we sat in silence.

"So, how come the story you read doesn't follow this world's?" Luther asked looking kind of confused.

"Huh?" I was completely confused, what does he mean it isn't following this world's? It's literally the same world.

"I'm not obsessed with Soleil, I was never interested in her." He answered before continuing. "So if I'm not interested in Soleil then I wouldn't fight with Kristoffer and he wouldn't team up with... that guy."

"You're lying, how can you not be interested in Soleil? She's perfect even I'm interested in her, just a little bit." I looked at him with suspicion.

"I'm not lying, I'm seriously uninterested in her. I'm telling you I haven't seen her since we last held the two of them hostage."

"See! You held her hostage you must be interested in her, no wait you also held me hostage... So you're seriously not interested in her?" I asked him again, still in doubt.

"Yes." He answered exasperatedly.

"Okay... but why?"

Why wasn't it following the plot line?

"I just wasn't interested in her, so what now?" He asked me as if he was sure I had the answers.

I guess my initial plan worked then? But then what's this weird feeling, like I'm missing something?

"I don't know. So, you won't kill Samuel?" I stared at him.

"No, I won't. But I still need to find that man, just to be sure of something." Luther's hands tensed up around his holster.

"But he'll kill you." I looked at him dumbfounded. Does this idiot want to die?

"I won't die." He reassured me with a grin and then we sat in silence as Luther seemed to be thinking of something and I was berating him internally.

He seriously wants to meet up with the guy who killed him... Oh, he probably wants to kill him for killing him in an alternate timeline because he's petty as hell.

What if he dies again? Just because the storyline changed slightly doesn't mean everything would change, what if his death can't be avoided?

"... What about your own life what do you remember?" He hesitantly asked after a while as I sat struggling to understand the pain in my chest.

"Huh? Why are you asking about that?" I looked at him, puzzled at his sudden interest in someone other than himself.

"W-well since I'm the only one who knows that you're not from here wouldn't it be better if you tell me the details of your life so if you forget I could remind you?" He looked away from me and said in a nonchalant way.

"That's really smart." I looked at him excitedly, if he knows everything and I start forgetting then he could remind me.

"Stop." Luther suddenly interrupted me as I was telling him everything I could. I looked up at him in confusion and was surprised to see a somewhat fearful expression on his face.

"Why are you getting scared for?" I asked him as I tried to figure out what part of my high school life would be so horrifying to him.

"You're talking too much, I can't remember it all. Let's start again tomorrow, bye." He yawned exaggeratedly and began leaving the hospital.

Doesn't he have a perfect memory? Is he dumb? I literally told him I read that about him in the book. What the hell?

God damn it.

I can't even say anything because I can't write any of this down in a legible way and since he already knows most of it, even though I regret telling him, he's the best option.

I can't tell Samuel he'll think I'm crazy. Ian would lock me up if I tried to tell him about another family.

A/N: let's be honest here for a sec I think I'm a masochist ✌🏻 that's all for today no explanation