Chapter 10

"Can we agree to not killing me from now on?" I pleaded with Luther after waking up from surgery. He glanced down at the bandages on my left arm and then at my face.

"Maybe." As expected from the super villain himself, no space for pity even in the face of an injured and weak girl.

"Boss..." Alec gave him a disappointed look before turning away.

"Yeah, even I have to agree with him on this one, boss." Ben looked just a little bit disappointed at Luther.

Woah, even Ben? Then, then isn't there a chance that the man himself would...

I turned to look at Luther with hope, but his expression said that he wasn't going to budge.

"Tch." I sucked my teeth and dragged my duvet over my head, ready to go back to sleep and avoid speaking to Luther.

The next day Alec brought in some breakfast and Ben stood at the boundary between my still broken door and the hallway, his face looking much like an abandoned puppy.

Good, who told you to shoot me. I avoided his apologetic gaze with a 'hmph' and turned to eat the bowl of porridge Alec had brought in. But the peace didn't last long as Luther entered.

"..." I stared into my porridge as I ate a spoonful completely ignoring Luther.

"..." He continued staring at me in silence as Alec slowly slipped out of the room. "What's your mum's phone number?" He asked suddenly after having his fill of staring at me.

"..." I grabbed the notepad on the bedside table and wrote it down before throwing it at him.

"... This isn't a real number." He furrowed his eyebrows after glancing down at it and I rolled my eyes.

No shit, mate.

"What's her real number?" He said as he gently placed the notepad back onto the bedside table. I wrote the same thing down and threw it as hard as my right arm could muster, wincing in pain at the slight movement of my left arm.

"... Can you stop messing around? Or do you not want to go home?" He glowered while throwing the notepad back at me. I was ready to launch it back at him, when his words finally registered.

"..." I wrote down my address and threw it to him, with slightly less force this time.

"This place doesn't exist either." He ran a hand through his head inhaling deeply to calm himself.

I hopped over to the end of the bed picking up the notepad before putting the only 'real' address I knew down.

"... Here's your wallet, and some clothes." He pushed a a plastic bag into my lap. "Get up, I'll take you there."

"... Why are you suddenly letting me go?" I narrowed my eyes in suspicion as I ruffled through the bag to see if anything weird was in it. "Eh, my phone?" I pulled it out my bag and turned the screen towards me only to see the screen was busted. "Where did you find it?"

"You dropped it when you fell from the ceiling." He answered whilst blatantly ignoring my first question. "..." He hesitated to say something and then I realised my mistake.

I forgot the first rule in dealing with this guy, not asking questions, otherwise he might change his mind. I don't think he'll ever give me a chance to leave again so let's waste no time.

"Let's go." I muttered as I stood to leave.

The drive over to Samuel's house was ice cold and even Ben who was sitting across from us was silent for once, not even speaking to praise Luther.