Chapter 36

*Autumn's POV*
I stared at the previously unoccupied bed next to mine waiting for whoever was laying in it to wake up.

After I had returned from the bathroom I found that the bed next to mine which was previously empty had a human shaped blob lying under its blanket.

I could barely contain my excitement, the entire time I had been in hospital I had no one rooming with me so when the visitors went home I had no one to play with.

It was so boring here I had to keep pestering the old lady in the next room. But recently for some reason she keeps barricading the door to her room around the times I would usually visit.

I waited impatiently for the person to awaken as I tried to distract myself with the same episodes of some weird hospital themed drama.

"Hah." A sigh that was not my own suddenly sounded in the room and I sat at attention while turning towards the source.

"A-are you awake?" I stuttered out dumbly towards the man who was currently stretching his arms as he yawned.

"Yep." He chuckled in a deep chilling voice as he glanced over at me with one eye closed.

What do I say? What kind of topic should we discuss? The weather? No way, that's so dumb. He looks a bit older then me maybe the cool approach would work better.

"Sup?" I nodded at him in an attempt at 'cool' and then cringed both internally and externally. "No, let me redo that. What brings you to the hospital?"

"... Just checking up on what my son has been doing recently." He mumbled through a yawn after a pause.

"So you're not sick." I sighed as I pulled my blanket over myself and turned the other way.

What the hell? That's so rude of me, is this really my character or is Luther rubbing off on me?

The man behind me laughed loudly at my statement for a while.

"You bored sweetheart?" He asked and I suddenly felt a chill go down my spine causing me to flip back over to see him just smiling.

What's with this ominous feeling?

But seeing his smile I pushed back any suspicions I had. Why? Because it reminded me of someone although I can't pinpoint exactly who I had seen it on before.

"Yeah, it's so boring sitting here for hours doing nothing. I've already memorised the script of the only show at this hospital. Like look now Veronica's going to come in, opening the door with her left hand turning the door knob 78 degrees clockwise to walk in on Doctor Mike playing around with the head nurse." I did a play-by-play of what happened on the screen seconds before it occurred and he raised an eyebrow as if impressed.

"How about I come visit you after visiting times are up?" He offered with a charismatic smile.

"Aren't you going to get into trouble?" I looked at him questioningly but then realised he had already snuck in after visiting times to check up on his son and even had a little nap in the hospital.

"A little bit of trouble won't hurt anyone." He grinned as he grabbed his jacket from a sofa in under the window "Well I've got other things to do. Cya." He made his way out with a wave. The conversation ended quickly and he left abruptly making me somewhat unhappy.

Then a few days later he was back again. But this time with food! He gestured for me to come over and I smiled excitedly whilst sitting down beside him on the sofa.

"How old are you?" I asked whilst taking a bite of the burger he had brought with him.

"50-ish." He answered causing me to choke on my burger while he slapped my back hard in an attempt to prevent a pathetic death.

"No way! The max you look is like mid-twenties. What the hell is it with the guys in this world." I muttered thinking back on how Alec and Benjamin also look really young for their age.

"This world?" He tilted his head while his eyes glimmered with interest.

Did I say that? What do I mean by that?

I shook my head emptying my thoughts and went back to eating.

"Hmm... Do you want to hear a little bit about my childhood? I'm sure it'll be an... enriching experience for you." He emphasised the word 'enriching' as he glanced down at me.

"No we aren't just glossing over the fact that you said you're 50! I call bulls***, no way you're 50." I put my burger onto my lap and held my hands up in a 'stop' motion.

"I said 50-ish." He grinned cheekily while taking a sip of his soda.

"I know I look dumb but I am not that dumb." I stared him down trying to figure out if he was pulling my leg.

"I'm not lying I swear." He put his hands up trying to proclaim his innocence.

"Seriously?" I asked throwing him another doubtful stare.

"Yes, seriously now let's go back to my childhood shall we?" He offered while finishing up his food.

"Sure, whatever pleases you grandpa." I agreed while picking my burger back up.

A/N: who dis man? 👀👀( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) we all know who he is coz of the last chapter but let's pretend we ain't know shit