Chapter 14

What is this family sitcom-esque scenario? Why am I in the kitchen baking cupcakes and laughing with Alec's wife and Ben's daughter? Am I not a hostage? There aren't even any guards.

W-wait don't tell me this is one those prisoners of your own mind situation. Surely I have been trapped by my own mind into thinking that I am unable to escape this place. If I just walk out of here, there's no one to stop me, except of course me.

Thinking up until this point I began leaving the kitchen, it was situated on the thirteenth floor of this place so it was a long way down. This was when I was confronted with my mind's prison who had thought it was the perfect time to interrupt me. There it stood 6 foot something, blonde hair, blue eyes and I realised at this moment my escapism tendencies were scheduled to be rudely interrupted.

Aah, so I was not a prisoner of my own mind... Sobs.

"Why do you always come at the worst possible times?" I exclaimed angrily as he carried me under his armpit like a pet chicken.

"You're very predictable." Luther answered with a smirk and as if to drive the point home dodged my incoming swing.

"How could you know, when even I didn't know I would try to escape?" I shrieked while swinging my fists randomly, but alas he swung me around like a sack of potatoes causing me to stop moving. Then he was leaning me against his chest entrapping my hands with the hand that wasn't wrapped around my waist.

"Play nice." He scolded as he placed me down on the counter beside Lizzy and Alex.

"..." Was he treating me like a kid? Who was playing? This was a serious assassination attempt!

"Oh my." Alex gasped from between us and her face had that familiar look of intoxication that seemed to appear whenever she saw what she perceived as a blooming romance.

"And with that I shall take my leave." I launched myself off the counter and made a run for it only to be grabbed by both Alex and Luther. "I'm not trying to escape." I frowned at Luther hoping he would release his grip, but it seems I had cried wolf one too many times and his disbelief was almost palpable. "Okay I'm not trying to escape escape." I spoke a little louder over the ramblings of Alex who had entered full love mode and with a knowing look Luther seemed to understand. "Comrade." My eyes shone as I realised that I wasn't the only one afraid of Alex. I mean when she wasn't infatuated with infatuation she was that kind of cold and cool beauty but the her right now exuded anything other than that.

"Tell me, tell me what is this? Were you flirting? Infront of me? Teasing me?" She spitfired a round of questions as she rested her cheeks on her palms."...Telling me that I was wrong, but look at this! Look even now you're sending each other gazes of love, aah." Alex panted heavily sounding very much like a pervert as she held onto Luther too. But he yanked his arm away and scurried off like the traitorous rat he is.

"I'm sorry for calling you a rat, kind, honorable master." I rubbed my hands together apologetically as I was thrown over his shoulder and hurriedly carried out.

"That's not the right way! Princess-carry her- no wait this kind of rough way of holding her... It suits you." Alex called out as she chased after us.

"Hurry up." I slapped his back urging him to speed up as I frantically looked from Alex who was rapidly approaching and Luther who was too damn slow.

"Stop slapping me." The back of his head looked very angry right now and I could feel his hand twitching with the urge to draw his gun.

"I was wrong great lord forgive this humble one." I muttered in a deep apologetic tone.

"Stop talking like that." He shook me purposely in annoyance and along with the continuous bumping of my stomach against his shoulder It was causing bile to rise.

"You're making me feel sick." I slapped him hard this time causing his grip to stiffen around me and I froze when I realised what I had done.

What have I done? He'll kill me. Should I try escaping? But I still don't want to face Alex.

He harshly put me down once we reached a room and locked the door in a hurry before turning towards me with a bemused look.

"Did you hit me?" He asked with a raised brow.

"N-no surely this servant would never dare to raise their hand against you."

I was too comfortable. How could I have committed such a stupid mistake?

"So I'm lying?" He asked with a colder gaze.

"I-I would never even suggest that you would lie. It was a moment of weakness, overlook it please." I ducked under the arm he placed beside my head as he attempted to trap me between him and the wall. (A/n: KABeDon!)

"Hmm I don't know if I can forgive that, I'm sure it left a mark." He attempted putting on a weak act, and boy did it not suit you.

"Hah, who are you trying to fool? Look at my hand it's all red cause I smacked the wall of metal that is your back." I rolled my eyes then froze realising I acted too freely once again. "Hey man, hey friend, let's keep our hands away from the gun don't you think?" Even though he had yet to reach for the gun, I was using every ounce of my brain power to predict his next move and with all my simulations I narrowed it down to the one where I will die.

"I won't shoot you for something this small." He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Hey man if I remember correctly- no you're right, you're right." I lifted my hands in surrender deciding it would be best for me to stay quiet.

"Well~. This is great." I mumbled as I rolled my eyes around the room awkwardly. "Stuck in a room. All alone. With you. And your gun." I laughed while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Why are you acting like that?" Luther asked with barely held back disgust.

"Like what?" I sang in an overly joyous tone.

"I am actually disgusted." Luther was now no longer holding back his disgust.

"I'll be honest. I have no idea what you're talking aboUt." My voice raised an octave as his gun was taken out of its holster. "Oh my it seems like Alex has gone." I held my cheeks between my palms, displaying a shocked expression.

"What are you two doing in there?" I was met with Alex's scream as I swung the door open.

"I can do this, I can do this. I'm sorry mother I know we should treat women with kindness but..." I body slammed Alex to the ground (gently) and ran down the corridor. Being stuck with Luther's gun seemed like just as bad as being confronted by Alex.

A/N: I'm finally finished uniiiiiii!!!!!!!! But seriously those Microsoft team meetings were so embarrassing man 🤮🤮🤮I hope graduation gets cancelled coz i don't wanna go up on stage if I do graduate [inshallah]