Chapter 34

"Hmph." I scoffed while folding my arms and turning away from the visitors.

"Hey Autumn." Alec greeted awkwardly while Ben glanced around the hospital room to avoid making eye contact.

"Oh, so you still remember my name?" My eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"L-listen Autumn we really wanted to come but... Ben and I had to cover all the work Luther left behind while he was visiting you." Alec gritted his teeth as tears filled his eyes. "Work. There was so much work! Why the hell does our organisation have to do taxes? You know how unruly our members were because Luther wasn't there for a little while, the amount of problems because that bast*** wanted to love it up at the hospital." His knuckles whitened as he clenched his fists recalling some kind of horrifying memory.

I waited for Ben to defend his idol but he just stood there silently nodding his head in agreement.

... It must have been bad if even this Luther stan wouldn't defend him.

"You could've called me or something. You know a 'you good?' or something." My arms dropped to my sides but I was still a little angry.

"We didn't know your number but every time we tried ringing that f***** to talk to you he wouldn't answer the call." Alec fumed while pacing back and forth.

What the hell happened to his calm character?

"Oh my god if he wasn't my friend I would've shot him 500 times already. Argh!" He began tugging on his hair while shouting.

"It must have been tough." I said in an attempt to comfort him.

"It was, it was. Anyways enough about my life spiralling out of control I bought you a gift." Alec resumed his calm demeanour as he bought out a tin box. "I didn't want to do this but I had been researching voodoo since earlier. I found out your curses weren't working because the straw needed to be a special kind of grass. I also grabbed a few locks of Luther's hair so that it could maximise any curse potential. Here's a clear picture of Luther I took before we came here and I got a priest to write his name down so it would have additional power. I know you were probably frustrated at the fact your curses weren't working and what better way for you to recover then to get rid of a nuisance?" Alec began pulling out an assortment of goods with a large smile as he placed them in front of me.

Tears of gratefulness began pooling in my eyes as I shakily lifted a few stalks of the dried grass.

"I've agreed with you thus far but this, this is going too far. When the hell did you get time to get all of this?" Ben grabbed everything off the table quickly shoving it back into the tin box he had ripped out of Alec's hands.

"Ben, if you try to stop me from doing this know that I'll kill you."

"Let me call up your wife and see if she agrees with you on this matter."

"Yeah go ahead and kill him I don't care. How's Autumn? I'm sorry I couldn't come visit that hospital has barred me from entering unless I'm sick. I heard Luther visited all the time, this is an exciting development. Has romance blossom-" Ben cut off the phone call and stared silently ahead.

"Well, I did try..." Ben seemed to resign himself to his fate. "Hah!" He laughed as he grabbed the tin and ran out the room with Alec following closely behind.

"Hahaha." I chuckled quietly looking down at the straw and photo in my hands that I managed to reclaim before he grabbed the tin. "Fool." I grinned whilst quickly assembling a doll but I hesitated when it came to writing his name.

What if it actually works? Using violence is wrong, right?

... Nah if it's to get rid of Luther isn't that for the good of the world? But wait, wasn't I supposed to tell Luther something?

It feels important.

"You, how did you steal that out of the box?" Ben ran back in with the tin now missing and then ripped everything out of my hands. He threw the paper with an incomplete name written on it down the sink in the hospital room.

"Why'd you do that for?" Alec pulled Ben closer to him by his shoulder.

"A-Alec you've become really scary recently." Ben tried to pry Alec's grip off him but failed completely.

"Yeah, you're pretty scary Alec. Was it that stressful at HQ?" I asked him trying to divert his attention so he could vent about work instead of possibly murder Ben.

"Do you really want to hear about it?" Alec's eyes teared up again as he slowly made his way over beside my bed.

And so began a tirade about all his sufferings as Ben stood by wiping his tears while reminiscing about the painful experience they shared.

A/N: i was getting cussed yesterday for tryna watch Hamilton on Disney+ on the tv. I LITERALLY DIDNT KNOW THEY HAD IT ON THERE wow i really liked the Reynolds pamphlet dance lol. I also just heard first burn yesterday and wowww it was good. Especially this animatic—->https://youtu.be/6RT10PoiPvs