Chapter 13

"What are you doing here, Lizzy?" Ben's voice was a little more higher pitched than normal and it sounded like he was talking to a small animal.

"I came to see this Autumn girl you're always talking about." The voice of a child sounded from behind the door.

The door was pushed open and in came what looked to be a 10 year old girl.

What the hell, why are they letting kids into the villain's HQ? Does this look like a playground to you? Huh, does it?

"Hm, I don't like you." She said outright, not trying to hide her disdain, or even introducing herself.

"I don't like brats who don't knock before coming in to someone's room either." Her previously arrogant demeanour cracked a little as a hurt expression flashed on her face for a second. Though it disappeared in an instant, so I'm not sure if I saw right.

"W-how could you say that to a kid?" Ben hugged her in an attempt to comfort her but she quickly slapped his hands away.

"I'm not a kid anymore." She reprimanded in a more adult-like tone.

"Pfft." I covered my mouth quickly but the sound had already escaped causing the girl's hurt look to return.

"I'm not a kid!" She yelled at me while stomping her foot.

"Pfft." This time the sound came from Alec who was standing at the sidelines.

"Pfft." That was me, I'm sorry this was too funny.

"Y-you're mean." She yelled while running into Ben's arms.

"You guys..." Ben's anger was almost palpable, causing both Alec and me to take a step back.

"Do you wanna play with some dolls?" I asked her after Ben mouthed at me to fix the situation with his hand on his gun.

Why did I have to? She's the one who came running in all aggressively.

Her crying quietened down as she peeked at me from Ben's waist.

"It's really fun adults love it." The latter half of the sentence caused her to hurry over. I pulled out three of my spare straw dolls and handed one to her.

"Oi, are you being serious right now?" Ben's pitch was dangerously low and it was the first time I had heard such a threatening tone from him.

"Dad we're trying to play here, go away." She shooed him out the door ignoring the pathetic look he sent her and then hurried back next to me.

"Dad?" I exclaimed as I looked down at her and then at the door.

How old is this guy? I thought he was like 25-ish max, but a 10 year old kid?

"I've never seen these kind of dolls before! How do you play with these?" She asked with excitement shimmering in her eyes, completely ignoring my shout.

"Here." I slid her a slip of paper. "You have to write the name of your enemy and put it inside first." I quickly wrote Luther's name down resulting in a gasp from beside me.

Oh no, no, no. Don't tell me she's a Luther stan, like her dad. You're too young to go down such a thorny path.

"He's my enemy too." She yelled excitedly while clapping. Then she wrote his name down too and slipped it inside her doll.

A fellow combatant?

Even though her dad's like that...

She must get her rationality from her mum.

Wow, I never thought I'd experience a day where I'd do voodoo together with someone. My heart already feels so light and free of worry.

"Why's he your enemy?" I asked, intrigued that the daughter of Luther's disciple would hate him.