Chapter 24

*Luther's POV*
Let's just leave, it's not interesting anymore.

It's really not interesting anymore... So why am I going back to her hospital room?!

It's because I got roundhouse kicked, I can't let that go unpunished. My reputation is at stake here, if word gets out that I was kicked in the face by an old woman and didn't retaliate, wouldn't everyone just see me as easy to mess with?

This is fine, this reasoning is fine

"If I see that bas**** ever again I'll rip his intestines out and shove them up his a** and put them back in their place  and then rip them out again." I could feel a chill rising as I heard a woman's voice speaking from inside Autumn's room.

"Yeah mum, I'll be sure to help wash the blood off your hands." A male voice sounded before laughing.

"Yeah, I'll pray for your success." Autumn's voice was a little shaky as if afraid but also contained happiness, probably at the thought of my suffering.

Now that I think about it beating up old women in retaliation is morally wrong. Maybe I'll come back after visiting hours.

"Urgh, why are you here?" Autumn's happy expression dropped the second she saw me.

"I'm visiting a friend." I answered with a raised eyebrow, her treatment of me differed a lot in comparison to her treatment of a certain someone.

"Who? This ward is empty- oh my, have your cognitive functions finally been impaired to the point of insanity?" She interrupted herself with a gasp as she sent me a pitying glance. "No wonder you're so abnormal. So do tell in which empty bed does your friend reside?" Autumn smirked condescendingly while lifting her chin up slightly.

"... What's with your vocabulary?" I ignored her whole soliloquy and decided to get to the crux of the matter.

"Do you not think it fits greatly with the environment in which I reside... I can't be bothered anymore. I've been hearing doctors and nurses use big words so my mind is trying to compete with them, but it's such a waste of oxygen to use big words." She gave up using big words halfway through her explanation.

"Is your thing still hurting?" I asked rubbing the back of my neck after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Yes, yes it is, so don't shoot at me from now on, okay?" She glanced at my holstered gun and then back at me as she spoke.

But if I think about it, what's the point in keeping her alive? She's a big threat especially since she wondered around HQ freely, I'm sure she could provide valuable information to some of my enemies.

"W-what's that look? You thinking of killing me now that I'm not healing?"

"E-eh, nah, no way, me?" I was caught off guard by the accuracy of her words.

"Yeah, you wouldn't be that ruthless. I mean I'm a 21 year old girl who you've held hostage multiple times, shot and killed repeatedly, chased all around town without rest and so on. You wouldn't try and kill me now that something small as this happened, right?~" She opened her eyes wide as she turned her head slightly, very creepily, might I add.

"I don't think anyone on this planet could be that cruel, don't you agree?" The best way to get out of this situation is to play dumb.

"Yes surely, only the lowest of scum would think of something like that. But you thought about it didn't you?" She asked whilst sending a glare my way.

"Y-no." God damn it, a Freudian slip. I was only supposed to play dumb not become dumb.

"Haha, you suck, ha." Her monotone laugh quickly halted as she began her string of curses in her ritual verbal abuse routine. "****** **** ************... **** *********." She clenched her hands in her lap and paused as she saw my face darken with anger. "...Kristoffer." She added as if to erase any doubts that the curses she wantonly mumbled were directed at me.

Seriously? Did she seriously think that would work?

"Pfft." I held back a laugh at her poor attempt at a lie.

"Code red, scrrt code red. The villain is agitated, life possibly under threat." She whispered into her hospital gown collar as if speaking into a microphone but sounding as if she was speaking into a walkie-talkie. Then without waiting smashed the emergency button by her bedside causing a nurse to rush inside.

"M-Mister Magnus, w-what are you doing here?" The suddenly pale-faced nurse stuttered our as she twisted her fingers nervously.

"Nothing, do not worry about it." At my words she scurried away without looking back.

"Bravo, even the hospital." Autumn clapped in awe. I had just secured ownership of the hospital a few hours ago and made sure to threaten the staff members, although that one old man who was treating Autumn was unfazed.

"Yes, even the hospital so don't do stupid things okay?" She nodded whilst looking impressed, this was definitely the wrong reaction.

While I glanced around the room I saw something familiar peeking out from under her cushion.

"What's that under your pillow?" I approached her slowly.

"What pillow? This hospital was too cheap to supply me with a pillow, maybe that's why you bought them out so easily." She sent me a look as if to say I was crazy.

"Yup, that one right there." I ripped the badly hidden straw doll from underneath her pillow before she had the chance to take it herself. "You're still doing this?" I asked examining the workmanship of the doll, it wasn't very good.

"Yes, I'm still doing it, my situation hasn't exactly improved yet. So I'll keep cursing you till my life is better." She said as ripped the doll out of my hand "You, you just thought my doll making skills were trash didn't you?" She glared at me before pouring the jug of water over the doll. "Die, you scum. Die!"

"If it hasn't improved it's because your voodoo magic isn't working." I rolled my eyes as I revealed the paper that I had removed from the doll.

"Wow, look at those sticky fingers, just like a low-level thief." She reached out to grab it but winced in pain. "You're such a nuisance, that doctors gonna scold me again because of you." Her eyes started tearing up at the thought of being scolded.

"Stop crying, it's just a slip of paper." I handed it back to her, feeling a bit awkward.

"Hehe." Her shoulders shook as she held the paper close to her chest. "Haha you actually fell for that? What kind of villain are you dude?" She started laughing exaggeratedly with tears in her eyes.

"What villain? When did I become a villain?" I tried to ignore the embarrassment welling up by changing the subject. But it seems she wasn't done laughing just yet.

"Ow, ow, hahah, ow." She continued laughing even as the wound on her stomach started bleeding through her clothes.

"Stop laughing, it's not that funny." I felt an unfamiliar feeling rising within me as I tried to push her back down to rest.

"Aw are you embarrassed? Is wittle Wuther embawassed?" She laughed before coughing up blood.

"Wh..." I hurriedly pushed the emergency button.

A/N: i was randomly thinking bout how women have a higher pain tolerance then men and was like oh it's coz they have to spend their lives with a pain in the ass and idk why I found that funny not like haha funny but like I'm tryna force a frown to cover up my smiling at a shit 'joke'