Chapter 2 - Mixed Feelings

My eyes widened at what I saw. Or should I say whom I saw. It was Jay, with his fiancée Jennifer.

"Hey, you alright? Hope you guys got here just fine" he spoke directly to me.

"Yes we made it finally." I smiled and looked at Jennifer.

"Oh right, I'm sorry I haven't really introduced you two. Miku, this is my wife(to be) Jennifer and Jen, this is my greatest friend, Mallika" Jay said and Jen and I hugged each other.

"Yeah well, you guys just have a couple of hours until all this is over, I sincerely wish everything goes well. And you look gorgeous" I said to Jennifer. She really was looking very beautiful. She had already put on her wedding dress but had yet to do her makeup.

"Oh, I have to get ready, you and Kira definitely have to come to my dressing room, I need to have genuine advice on how I look and it seems like I can trust you guys." she said with bright eyes.

Looking at how happy Jay and Jennifer looked, I started feeling very happy. I was initially feeling out of the place because of the history Jay and I had, but now all that seemed to dissolve. In this moment, I realised that I had only ever loved him as a friend. A very good friend.

I smiled at them and took Kira's hand to follow Jen to the dressing room. She had lots of jewelleries set out in front of her and was asking for our help on which one to wear. Kira and I helped her quickly with the jewelry while the makeup artist, Hina was doing her makeup.

"Honey, are you all done? It's nearly time, your dad is waiting to walk you down the aisle." a voice came from outside the room. It was Jennifer's mum. It was nearly time for the wedding to start.

Kira and I hurriedly got out of there and went to tents to sit and watch the wedding.

After a few minutes, the music started and Jennifer started walking down the aisle, arms linked with her father's. She looked very happy and was looking straight ahead with tears in her eyes. Jay wore the same expression.

At that moment, with every step she took towards Jay, I realised that this was love. I smiled genuinely and looked around at the guests. Everyone were just as happy with the wedding.

Jennifer reached the altar and her father gave her hand away to Jay. I had mixed feelings at that moment. I was happy but at the same time I was wondering if I could ever find love like that. I always thought Jay would have been the one but I was wrong. I could see it now. As they said "I do" and kissed each other, a single tear rolled down my cheeks, not of pain, but of happiness that they had found each other. I quickly wiped the tear and started clapping along with the other guests.

"It was a great wedding, wasn't it? Now it's time to partyyyy. I see you look better now, love. OH MY GOD! LOOK AT HER HEELS, THEY'RE GORGEOUS! Kira said looking at one person.

"It was, yes baba, I'm fine now, I'm over it I guess. I'm happy for both of them, they're meant to be" I laughed a little when I replied. I was trying to look for the girl's heels Kira was talking about.

But I couldn't turn around. I froze right then and there.

Our eyes caught at that very moment and it seemed neither of us could look away, afraid to blink in case it was a dream.