Chapter 19 - Saturday (Mallika's POV)

Mallika's POV

I slammed the door shut behind me and put a hand to my heart. It was beating so fast, and I swear if someone was standing right next to me, they could probably hear it beating too.

What were you going to do tonight, Mallika?  I chastised myself. You were about to confess. And say 'I love you' to someone. And you don't even know what they feel about you. You don't know if there's someone in their life or if you mean something to them or not. Hell, it's barely been a week. He won't love you. He said he's over Jennifer, but...

I dragged my feet to the couch and plopped down on it, letting out a deep sigh. My mind travelled back to the early events of the day.

The day had started out great. Sumedh playfully scaring me and waking me up. God, I'd want him to wake me up every single day. He'd informed me that we would be out all day. For breakfast, lunch, dinner and our movie of course. I loved the plan. My parents weren't here either, so no questions would be asked. Although now I suppose, they'll let me meet Sumedh without hesitation, considering they let me stay alone in the house with him.

Sumedh had already gotten dressed, so I picked something similar so our outfits were matching. There was no specific reason. I just felt like that was right. When getting dressed, I thought of many ways to confess my love for him, dumping each idea. I gave up and left everything to God. Surely he'd handle everything. After getting dressed, we set off to a restaurant and Sumedh bought our breakfast. Upon my suggestion, we went to eat at our special spot. 

We had a really great time there. Intimate. We fed each other our breakfast. I even told him about Jay being my ex boyfriend. I remember the look on his face. Initially I dreaded his reaction, but then I saw no traces of judgement. We sat there for a while, my head resting on his shoulder, his head resting on my head. Pure bliss. I didn't want this moment to end. But all good things come to an end.

It was then time for lunch. We met Kira and Dau at a restaurant. Dau and I got along pretty well. He was like an elder brother to me. I felt safe around him, like someone you could rely on. I rarely meet people like this in my life. Kira and Sumedh got along well too. They were talking about something really interesting, from the looks of it, because they seemed to be whispering. Dau was talking on a topic which I thought was really weird. He kept on talking about boys and which type of boy I should choose for myself. He was low-key suggesting I choose a boy like Sumedh. Little did he know, I had chosen the man himself.

After our lunch, we went to a park. I had barely talked to Kira so I used this as a time to catch up with her. Sumedh and Dau were somewhere nearby. We talked a bit about Dau and Kira. Kira was gushing over how shy Dau was and I was actually surprised by this. He looked like he could take on anyone physically but he was shy on his date. This warmed my heart. If Dau's like this, it means Kira's with a great guy. Kira is my best friend. Maybe it'll feel better if I express my feelings to her.

(Conversation with Kira at the park)

"Kira.." I started, unable to find words. Kira looked at me and hugged me all of a sudden.

"You love him right?" She said, tilting her head to one side, with a slight smile. I nodded.

"Have you thought about how you're going to confess?" She questioned and I shook my head 'no'.

"Listen, you're going on a dinner tonight right? You can do it then, or even after the movie." Kira suggested.

"Okay, but I'm very nervous. What if he doesn't feel the same?" I asked. 

"Just do it Miku, I'm with you!" She said with a knowing smile. I frowned at her. She had to know something I didn't. I nodded.

"OMG you guys are going to be perfect!!!" She shouted suddenly and I looked around to see if people were watching.