Chapter 17 - Love?

Mallika's POV

Sumedh had just left and I immediately started freaking out. He came here this early. For me. The way he took care of me, feeding me.. Ugh just. Could someone be so perfect? I sighed. Maybe he's just doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

I tried to be obedient and follow Sumedh's instructions and slept. Sumedh had locked the door and taken the keys with him, so I wasn't worried.

I woke up to see his handsome face gazing at me lovingly. I smiled. Wait, did I say lovingly? Mallika, you're not sick anymore, you've gone mental.

"You went to bring your painting materials, right? How will you be productive if you keep staring at me?" I asked.

"You're my inspiration." He winked. I may or may not have blushed at that.

"Hmm.. Well I'm not on a swing looking as happy as I did back then, right now, am I?" I joked.

"I have a better idea. I'm gonna make a swing enough to fit the both of us" He said.

My stomach growled.

"Hungry, are we?" He raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

"I'll make something for lunch." He said.

"Wait, wait I'm better now, I can help. But I can't cook anything except for pancakes and instant noodles" I said sheepishly.

"Okay, I could use some help." he agreed. I jumped out of bed immediately but ended up bumping with him as he was close to the bed. I mumbled a quick apology and dragged him to the kitchen.

"What are we making, Chef Sumedh?" I smirked.

"Hmm, let's see... PIZZA!" He shouted and I was so happy.

We were both looking for the ingredients together. I didn't know where half the items were considering I'm rarely in the kitchen. Finally, we managed to find everything.

Sumedh was cutting up the onions while I was trying to reach the top shelf to get the flour. Screw you, Mallika. You're so short. I finally managed to grab the flour. But not really, because the packet fell and some of the flour got spilled on top of mine and Sumedh's heads. Kill me, now.

I turned to look at his face. It was white from the flour and since he had been cutting onions, drops of tears were streaming down his white face. I started laughing at this view. I was laughing so hard that tears starting coming out of my eyes as well. Seeing this, he pointed a finger at me and started laughing as well. But, I didn't feel bad. It felt great. We were having a very joyful moment.

After a long while of laughing at each other, we started cleaning the mess we made, and got on with the pizza making process. Thankfully, there was enough flour left and all of it had not been spilled. When we finished with everything, we put the pizza in the oven and sat down together on the couch. It felt intimate. Sure, we used to meet outside but never quite like this. Plus, he was going to spend the night here. Speaking of which, I need to ask him if he has everything he needs.

"Sumedh..do you have clothes? Since, you're going to spend the night here?" I asked.

"Clothes..hmm..do I have to wear clothes to sleep?" He smirked. My eyes widened.

He quickly held up his hands in defense and assured me that he had brought everything he needed.

In about fifteen minutes, the pizza was cooked and we had lunch together. Mr Sumedh obviously made me have my medicines as well because 'just because you can walk doesn't mean you've healed internally'. He then told me to go and rest while he was doing some research for his paintings. We didn't interact much after that. I could tell he was reacting a bit weird around me.