Chapter 28 - The Proposal

Mallika's POV

We remained silent throughout the ride. I kept stealing glances at him from the corner of my eyes. I knew how close we were to confessing our love to each other. Why didn't he do it? Where was he taking me? Is he really going to wait until his mum or my mum, for that matter, finds him a girl he can get married to?!

I rolled my eyes as I looked out. I recognised the route now. He was taking me to Kira's apartment. Great, we're once again going to ignore our feelings. So much for helping Dau and Kira get together when we could not even help ourselves. The irony. I chuckled slightly, earning an amused frown from the guy next to me.

"Have you ever been proposed?" he asked. What?!

"Erm..not in the traditional way I guess..I'm not really the romantic type. Jay and I just agreed that we'd start dating. Have YOU ever proposed? I mean being a painter and all, you must have, right?" I laughed a little.

"Yeah, I did..I feel like cringing now." Sumedh replied, a bit shy. I laughed again.

Soon enough, we were in front of Kira's apartment. We both went in. The boys stayed back in the living room while Kira grabbed my hand and took me to her room. I gave the boys a confused expression and they just shrugged, as though they had no idea what was going on.

Once I was in Kira's room, she sat me down at her dresser and beamed at me.

"Tonight, I'm an artist, and you're my canvas!" she rubbed her palms together and smiled. At this point I was confused as hell and didn't even want to think of what was going on in her mind.

I blinked at myself in the mirror and shook my head at my best friend's antics.

"Yes, she's right here... Don't worry, we're fine... If you don't mind, can she stay here tonight? ...the trip..." Kira glanced at me and I understood she was talking to my parents on the phone. I shook my head 'no', begging her to not say anything about that awful 'trip'.

"The trip was fine...do you want to talk to her?" She handed me the phone.

"How are you dear, are you tired? Kira said you'll be staying at her place." I heard my mum's voice. Was I staying here? Well, not that I mind, but Kira had not informed me about it.

"Yes Maa, I'll be staying at Kira's place. I'm quite tired.. You take care, okay? I love you and Dad! Muah!" I said and hung up the phone.

"Right, so where was I?" Kira took some foundation and smeared in on the back of her hand. 

"Yo, hold up Kira! Can you tell me what's going on here? And why am I your guinea pig, right now?" I asked.

"Oh shoot, right. I forgot to tell you. The four of us are going out for dinner tonight! So I'm helping you get ready. Look, I got you a dress!" She pointed to a dress on her bed. I had to admit, the dress was gorgeous! BUT! BUT BUT BUT! It was too much for a dinner. I frowned and raised an eyebrow.

 I frowned and raised an eyebrow