Chapter 7 - Stalker Much?

Mallika's POV

I was shocked. This means Sumedh must have seen me. But where? He could have seen us in the car but also in the building since that was when he messaged me.

'Where did you see me?' I typed and sent him.

'You'll know soon enough. Have a good day.' he replied.

What?! That's it. That's all he's gonna tell me. I thought furiously.

"If you're done with your phone, help me out here, will you?" a voice tore me away from my thoughts. It was a guy in my team, Ayan. He troubled me so much. Initially when I had just started working here, he would keep bugging me for a date soon after Jay and I broke up. Since I refused, he's been throwing his work at me like I'm his servant. Idiot!

I kept my mobile in my bag and started to work. I answered a few phone calls and replied several emails. Then it was time for lunch. Finally!

Just as I was about to stand up and go to Kira, my telephone rang and it was Kira.

"Let's eat in the café today, we can get some pasta, what say?" Kira said and I agreed.

I went to meet Kira near her desk and from there, we went down to the café together.

We ordered two veg pastas and sat down in the café. While waiting for our food, we started talking about how our day went, her complaining about her manager and me complaining about Ayan. Mondays always suck. There's always a lot of things to catch up on and it seems like the time goes slower than usual.

Our food was ready in ten minutes and we started eating, Kira occasionally pausing to show me some guy she found cute.

"Miku, I'll be working overtime today, will you be here too or you'll go on your own?" Kira questioned.

"I won't be working overtime today, I've been trying to complete everything. That Ayan's getting on my nerves these days and I can't stand him for that long. Also, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with my parents as well. So it's better I go home to spend some time with them" I replied taking the last bite of my food.

"Yeah, that's true as well. Saturday, you're staying with me, right?" she winked, fully knowing that I'll be meeting Sumedh. She finished her food too, we put the money on the table and just as we were about to leave, my phone vibrated.

'Had a good lunch, stranger?' it said. It was from Sumedh again.

I started looking around frantically, trying to see whether Sumedh was near us. This was starting to get creepy.

'Are you stalking me?' I sent back.

I got a reply almost instantly. 'Nope, just a cool coincidence'

I huffed and told Kira about everything.

"Damn, he's so mysterious, so cool" she gushed and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's get back to work now. I don't want to work late today." I said.

We got back to work, but my mind was occupied with thoughts of Sumedh. Soon enough it was 5.30 p.m which meant I could go home. I went to say bye to Kira and wished her goodluck.

I left the office and pressed the button for the elevator to go to the ground floor. The lift came and I got in and started reading my unread messages. The elevator was pretty crowded. I leaned against the corner and closed my eyes while waiting for it to go down.

"You should be more observant of your surroundings. It's very easy to stalk you." a voice came from beside me. I looked up and came face to face with Sumedh.

My eyes widened. "Are you following me?! " I asked.

"Please Mallika, I don't have that kind of time to waste. I just work in this building and I happened to see you a couple of times. On the way here in the morning, in the café then at lunch too." he said with a smirk.

"Fine. What do you do? I just realised I don't know anything about you." I explained.

"We haven't spoken that much, considering you're so shy. I take time to open up as well. Don't worry about it." he smiled.

I blushed at how well he knew me and nodded.

The lift stopped, we got out of the building and I started walking towards the bus stop.

"Where are you going?" he called after me.

"To the bus stop, Kira's finishing late so I'll take the bus" I explained.

"Oh okay, you live near Rosewood lane right? Come, I'll drop you. If you go by bus, it'll take you atleast two hours to get there." he said. He had a point. He's our friend now. I could trust him.

I agreed, we walked silently to the parking and got in his car. He put my laptop bag in the backseat and drove off. He put on some music and I leaned against my seat. I was exhausted.

"You still haven't told me what you do by the way." I said, after a while.

"I'm an artist. I paint. I also used to be a choreographer, but I've stopped dancing now. My studio is on the fifth floor. You're most welcome to come and visit." he said, raising his eyebrows in a teasing way. I shook my head.

"Why did you stop dancing then?" I questioned.

"That story is for another day. We have reached your house." he said looking right past me, to my left. Indeed we had reached my house.

'So early' I thought.

"It's not early. It's been half an hour already" Sumedh said and I nodded. Suddenly I realised that he had literally replied to my thoughts. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked, worried.

"N-n nothing. B-Bye" I stammered and got out of the car abruptly. I waved at him nervously from my doorstep.

What the hell just happened? Why am I so awkward around him? I really need to get a hold of myself. I let out a deep breath.

"Maaaa!" I called out as soon as I opened the door.

"Kitchen!" she answered.

I threw my bags on the sofa and realised I was missing something. My laptop. Shit.

"Miku, please get it, will you?" I heard Mum's voice. Get what? Just then, I heard someone knocking on the door. I hope it's not some relative, I'm tired as it is.

I opened the door just to find out it was no relative. Sumedh was standing there with my laptop in his hand.

"Who's it, doll?" My mum asked.

"Doll...won't you let me in?" Sumedh said.

Oh God, what do I do now. Mum's fine but what about dad. I can't let him in.

"Let him in, honey." a voice said.

It was my dad. I squeezed my eyes shut.

'Dinner's gonna be memorable tonight.' I thought as I let Sumedh in.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys, how's the weekend going?

Comment and vote if you liked it.

You can also follow me here (A_girl_imagines) and on Instagram (same username)..

Lots of love. ✨

- a_girl_imagines