Chapter 18 - Saturday 😬

Sumedh's POV

I woke up to find myself on Mallika's couch, with a blanket over me. I couldn't remember me bringing a blanket here. Must be Mallika. Shit, I must have fallen asleep while she was speaking.

I sat up on the couch and thought of last night. Last night was great. We had so much fun and got to know each other better. I hope Mallika is completely fine now. We can enjoy our day together.

I got up, showered and got ready for the day. Then, I went to wake Mallika up. I'm sure she couldn't sleep last night due to sleeping all day. And now, she wouldn't want to wake up.

"Mallikaa" I whispered close to her ear. She stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up. Time for a blast.

"MALLIKAAAA!!!" I shouted in her ear.

"AHHHHH SUMEDHHH!!!" She woke up, startled. As soon as she realised it was me, she started throwing all the pillows from her bed at me while yelling things I couldn't quite catch. I think I heard 'idiot'. I laughed at her then tried to stop her from throwing stuff. I was internally happy that she screamed my name when she got scared.

When she calmed down, she put a hand to her heart and admitted that I scared her. Looking at her alarmed face, I felt pretty bad. But it was funny.

"Sorry Mallikaa.." I apologized.

She nodded with a fake 'annoyed' expression and I smiled.

"Get up, you need to get ready. We'll be out all day today." I informed.

"Out all day? Why?" Mallika asked.

"Well, your mum and dad aren't here, and to be honest you suck at cooking and I'm too lazy to make something right now. Soo, we'll have breakfast, lunch and dinner outside. Cool?" I said and looked at her.

She was gaping at me. Probably for saying she sucks at cooking. She does. But I don't mind that.

"Fine, I don't mind. We'll go out for ice cream too, please please?" she looked at me with puppy eyes. Damn can you say no now, Sumedh? I agreed and told her to get ready while I waited downstairs.

I sat on the couch and started imagining how I would confess my love to her. I'll do it after the movie. Then we'll have a little celebration dinner. Or not? What if she doesn't like it? No, no. I should do it after dinner. Or when we reach home.

"Shall we go?" Mallika pulled me back from my thoughts. She's already ready!

She was back in no time. This is what I liked about her, she didn't care about her looks, and it drew me in even more. She would rather be comfortable than try to fit in with the crowd. God, I love her so much. Tell her when it feels right, Sumedh! You go, boy! I tried to boost my own confidence.

I locked the door behind us, we went to the car and I opened the passenger door for her. Once I started driving, we both started suggesting where to have breakfast.

"Let's buy something then we'll have breakfast in our spot." Mallika suggested. Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking.

"Sounds perfect." I nodded, keeping my eyes on the road.

I pulled up next to small cosy restaurant, went in and bought one black coffee ☕ and a doughnut 🍩 for Mallika and got a vegetarian sandwich and mango juice for myself.

We reached our spot and sat down in our usual place. It's winter, so we both had hoodies on. Mallika and I both wore matching clothes, actually. I'm not sure if she thought about that when choosing her outfit. But it was pretty nice. She had on a white hoodie with black pants like me.