Chapter 20 - Curtains Lifted

Third person's POV

"This is not right, it's gonna create problems between them. How could she come back here after what she did?!"

"What do you know about her? I know she's mean because I've had that experience, but what happened, baba?

"Remember I told you Jay and Miku were together? Then Jay cheated on her. It was this bitch's doing! But Miku doesn't know her, that's why she was all confused."

"What?! She was trying to get to Sumedh too, so he and Jennifer would break up. Well Jennifer cheated and then it happened anyway. But what's with her and ruining everyone's relationships?"

"Enough is enough, she deserves someone like that Ayan. I swear they are made for each other. I'm sure Miku is hurting right now, because of her overthinking habits. They must not have confessed either!"

"Do you think we should go to see her? Sumedh knows Elina's habits. It's Mallika who will be misunderstanding things. All of this is happening at the wrong time as well. Elina sure knows how to make a damn entry!"

"Yes, let's go to Miku's house. Sumedh was going to be with her, right? We'll talk to both of them and explain the whole situation. GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'LL HAVE TO SEE THAT BITCH'S FACE DAILY, AT WORK. God, have mercy please."

"By the way, we couldn't really talk all day, but you look pretty in dark blue."

"Um..so do you, after all we're matching, right?

"Hmm..here we go"

Their car pulled up in front of a familiar house.

Sumedh's car was nowhere to be seen and so they knew Mallika was alone.

Mallika's POV

'Knock, knock, knock!' someone knocked on the door. Who's it at this time? Is it Sumedh?

My heard skipped a beat as I hurried to the door, trying to fix my appearance to cover up my tear stained face. I opened the door. Dau and Kira. No traces of Sumedh. Of course, he went with his friend, Elina. Silly you, Mallika!

"Dau..Kira..what are you guys doing here at this time?" I said, turning to look at the clock on the wall. 9.30 p.m.

"Well, I don't know, I guess we're here to stand at your doorstep from what it looks like." Kira replied, sarcasm dripping from her tone. Dau gave me an apologetic smile for the way she spoke and I shook my head at him. I'm used to it. This is why we're friends.

"Well make yourselves at home!" I gestured towards the couch and locked the front door behind them. I went to join them and Kira's eyes fell on the tub of ice cream.

"Please tell me what you're thinking about!" Kira said, eyeing the tub of ice cream suspiciously. Of course she knew what it was for. It's what I did when I broke up with Jay.

I just shook my head dejectedly in response.

Kira and Dau shared a long look between them before turning back to me.

"We have to tell you something" Kira announced.

"Listen, you're like a sister to me. And you should know this before you take any rash decision." This time Dau spoke to me. He had never been this serious before. What did these two want to say?

"You love Sumedh, right?" Dau continued and I threw Kira a look and shook my head. Of course, she told him. I just hope Dau hasn't said anything to Sumedh.

I nodded.

"Well, he does too!!" Kira almost shouted, causing both Dau and I to jump. I shut my eyes tightly. I swear this girl had gone mad. 

"That's true, you know..he told me himself." This time it was Dau who spoke. What?! What kind of joke is this? Shit, am I dreaming? I must be.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp sting of pain around my elbow. Kira had pinched me.

"You're not dreaming, you idiot! Sumedh loves Mallika and Mallika loves Sumedh!" Kira said loudly. She didn't have to be that specific. I rolled my eyes and held my hands up. 

"Fine, fine I get it..but are you sure?" I prodded. They both nodded and their beaming faces showed me what I wanted to see. He loves me. And this information came from Dau himself, so it had to be true. OMG he loves me.

My heart bounced with joy and I thought of tonight. Damn it, he was going to say it. Then Elina interrupted us. Ugh. But why were Dau and Kira telling me about this? Not that I'm complaining. I would have been a real mess if they didn't give me this information.

"Why are you guys telling me this though? Because if you knew, why didn't you tell me in the park?" I spoke to Kira.

"Because then I didn't think some bitch would ruin it all, I thought it would happen magically, you know?" Kira spoke with pure hatred visible in her eyes. Dau's expression had changed too. Elina. I thought.

Kira left Dau's side and came to sit next to me, on my right on the couch. Dau sat on my left. Why do I feel like they're my parents and I'm their kid. And I'm about to have the 'talk'. Ew. Gross. I shuddered at that thought. I clasped my hands in my lap, waiting for them to speak.

"You remember when Jay cheated on you? And you saw him with a girl, but you didn't know who. And few days later, I saw him with that girl again? Well, that girl was Elina." Kira said. My eyes widened. And as if that wasn't enough to make me dislike her, Dau added in:

"She's disgusting. She tried to ruin Sumedh's relationship with Jennifer as well. And I think she still has a crush on him." A crush on Sumedh. Oh, explains the 'Sumii' bit. Well at this point, I hated her. She sure was skilled in the homewrecking category.

I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"She really is a bitch, huh?!" I sighed. Kira and Dau both had a devilish smirk plastered on their faces. Now what? Had Kira managed to change Dau from shy to not shy? 

"Don't confess your love just yet by the way. And don't tell Sumedh about this conversation. TONIGHT never happened okay?!" Kira said. Wait what? Dau and I were confused by this.

"What was the point of this conversation, then?" I asked and Dau gave Kira an 'exactly?!' expression.

"The point my dear Miku, was that you don't cry yourself to sleep tonight and well, she's going to work with us, right? We'll play along with her. You know, give her a taste of her own medicine. It won't be fun if Sumedh knows." Kira said looking at me and Dau. Dau and I smiled brightly. 

"We'll leave now. Goodnight Miku!" They said.

"You both should get married. You can handle kids, not that I'm a kid, but ya know.." I blurted out without thinking. Dau scratched the back of his neck, looking embarassed and Kira shot me a 'stfu' look.

"I'm joking, guys." I broke the tension. And they both hugged me before leaving. I waited until their car pulled out and closed the door. For real, though, they should get married.

I ran upstairs and lied down on my bed grinning at the ceiling like a stupid person. He loves me.

It is on, Elina. Time to show you where you stand. But NICELY. Because hey, we're nice people right?! VERY NICE.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I really enjoyed writing this chapter. 😄✨

I'm loving Dau and Kira's role in their relationship. What do you think? Also, do tell me who do you picture as Elina, because I don't have a specific person in mind. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Feel free to comment or private message me if you have any suggestions! ✨❤️

Please vote, comment and share!

Lots of love

-A_girl_imagines