Chapter 22 - Meeting His Family

Mallika's POV

I woke up to find myself alone on the bed. I could hear people talking from downstairs. Must be mum and dad. Where was Sumedh?

I rolled lazily from the bed and made my way downstairs. I rubbed my eyes then saw three pair of eyes on me. Mum waited for me to get downstairs and hugged me tightly and I hugged back.

"I missed you so much, Miku. You're okay now, nah?" Mum said. It was pretty cheesy, but I did miss her too.

"What will you do when she'll get married, huh?" Dad joked. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Sumedh scratching the back of his neck at this. I smiled.

"Oh Uncle, you guys must be tired from the trip. Get some rest for now. Dad told me to ask you guys to come over for dinner anyway. It's a great idea. You guys can catch up. What do you think?" Sumedh asked Dad. Oh this is why Dau was telling me we'll meet tomorrow.

"Yeah that's actually a good idea, it's been a long time. Tell him we'll definitely come, then next time dinner at our place." Dad smiled and Mum nodded.

"Okay then, I'll leave, see you tonight..see you Mallika." Sumedh smiled and I nodded.

"Sumedh, son.. thanks a lot for taking care of her. We owe you one. What happened to your nose by the way?" Dad asked and I pleaded with my eyes for him to not say anything.

"Err..I was sleepwalking actually, and this is not my house so I didn't realise where I was going. I bumped into the door." Sumedh covered up for me. I had to stifle my laughter. Sleepwalking. Seriously.

"Okay bye.." He waved and gave me a charming grin.

I made my way upstairs to freshen up. It was a Sunday. So I spent nearly the whole day watching shows on Netflix and eating chips. I was on the last episode of 'You' when my eyes fell on the clock. 6p.m. Shit. We have to reach there at 6.30p.m. I had not even picked the outfit I was going to wear. I'm meeting his family for the first time. How should I dress? Casual, traditional, indo western? Ugh. This crisis calls for Kira. I called her.

"Kira, I'm having dinner at Sumedh's. I'll be meeting his family for the first time, what should I wear?" I spoke so quickly, Kira didn't understand a thing.

"What?" She asked.

"Ugh.." I groaned then repeated the whole thing.

"Hmmm...dress...no...kurti! Wear a kurti! Not that casual, not overly traditional either!" Kira said. Yes. I knew I wasn't friends with her for nothing.

I quickly changed into a simple navy blue kurti with my mum hot on my heels all the time. She kept warning me about how we'll be late. With minimal makeup on my face, I finally decided that I was satisfied with my look and headed downstairs.

Mallika's outfit ✨

Mallika's outfit ✨

**30 mins later**

It was now nearly seven. We had reached Sumedh's home. My mum kept complaining about how we were late because of me. Way to make a first impression. These people will be my in-laws someday. Wait, what? Mallika Singh, thinking of marriage? No way. No matter how much I tried to convince myself, deep down I knew I thought of marrying Sumedh someday.