Chapter 9 - That Painting.

Mallika's POV

"Miku!!! MALLIKAAA!!" I heard someone saying..no..shouting. I rolled on my side and pulled the covers over my head. I was swiftly pulled up by someone. I rubbed my eyes lazily.

"Mallika, what are you doing?! You're still sleeping. Look at the time, get up, come on!!" Mum shouted in my face. I looked at the clock. 7.30 A.M. Sumedh was going to be here at 8. I hurried out of bed and started getting ready.

I had yet to apply some light makeup, when I heard someone honk outside my house. That'd be Sumedh. I quickly put on some mascara and my lip balm.

"Bye Maa, Bye Papa!! I shouted as I hurried out of the door. I saw Sumedh in the car and started running down the steps.

"Good morning" he said, taking my laptop and putting it in the backseat.

"Good morning.. How are you?" I replied with a smile, slightly out of breath from running. Now that Dad had no problem with him, I decided it wouldn't be too bad to be friends.

"I'm fine.. By the way, did you have breakfast?" he asked.

"No.. I was late so I couldn't take anything. I'll just have a chocolate, that's what I do when I don't eat breakfast anyway." I responded.

"Chocolate? That's not good enough. We'll go to the café and buy something." he said.

"Umm..yeah sure." I responded. I was craving a sandwich anyway.

"What's your favourite colour?" he spoke after a while.

"Erm baby pink and lavender, what about you?" I asked, a bit dazed.

"Blue." he said and I smiled.

"We're here." I looked out to see we were in the parking outside the building.

I turned back to get my laptop from the backseat and Sumedh came to open the passenger door. I smiled and thanked him. We both walked silently into the building and I started making my way towards the elevators.

"Oy, where are you going?" he asked and I shot him a quizzical look.

"Breakfast?" he tried to remind me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh..ye-" I started, understanding what he meant.

"Mallika...good morning, will you come up quickly, I need a favour." Ayan interrupted from a distance, holding a cup of coffee. He came to us and shot Sumedh a dirty look.

"You can socialise later, Miku.." he said, looking at me with an evil smirk.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I replied and my face fell. It's gonna be a long day. I gave Sumedh an apologetic smile.

"You have breakfast..bye.. have a good day." I mutterred as I turned and got in the elevator with Ayan.

As soon as I got in the office, I turned on my laptop and got to work. I had a sinking feeling that this Ayan was going to kill me with work today. I prepared myself mentally for whatever was about to happen.

"Mallika, let's go to the meeting room.. I have some things to discuss." Ayan spoke. Here we go, I thought.

One hour later, we came back from the meeting rooms, as I had speculated, MR Ayan had increased my workload. My stomach growled. Luckily enough, I returned to my desk to find a coffee and a sandwich. I smiled and looked at Kira's table. It must have been her. I ate, with my eyes stuck on the screen, trying to complete whatever tasks I'd been given by Ayan.

I had worked for quite some time when my phone rang, I answered without looking at it.

"Miku, it's time for lunch, let's go." I heard Kira's voice on the other end. I checked the time and told Kira to go ahead, I still had a lot of things to complete.