Chapter 37 - Preparations! Job?

Mallika's POV

I huffed looking at the mess I had made in my room. Notes and books were scattered all over the bed and my floor. What was I looking for?

My password for that blog. I knew I had to have written the password and email address in a notebook or something. I just couldn't find it.

"Ughhh!" I exclaimed loudly.

I had received an email from Alice confirming my interview for Friday afternoon. It's Wednesday and I don't know the password or the email address to my blog. How could I be so irresponsible?

In my defense, I didn't know my career was going to be dependent on that blog. Well, Alice knew that was two years ago, so it makes sense to have forgotten the password to it.

I gave up searching and went to grab a sandwich from the kitchen. My parents weren't home and if my mum saw the state of my room, she'd surely get a heart attack.

Once I had enough energy in my body, I returned to my room and started tidying, making sure everything was at the correct place. When all that was done, I took a shower and sat at my laptop with a calm mind and did some research on 'Luxoray', the company where I had my interview.

I found some pretty amazing facts about the company and I knew that I'd be very happy if I got that job.

My phone rang forcing me to look away from my laptop. It was Sumedh. His name immediately brought a smile to my face.

"Hello! How are you?" I asked.

"Hi. I'm perfect.. How's research and the wedding preps going?" Sumedh said.

"I think I'm done with the research. It seems to be very promising. Aaaanndd about wedding preps, I'm leaving it up to my parents and Kira until the interview is over. I can't be thinking about too many things at the same time." I said and he laughed.

"How's work going? And what about the preparations from your side?" I asked.

"Work's fine. The exhibition is over, so there's time until the next one. For now, Dau and I were planning our outfits, we need to decide on the theme so that we can choose our outfits, right?" He said.

"Oh yeah exactly! I'll speak about it with Kira and let you guys know. She's coming over after work. We'll probably have those discussions anyway." I said.

"Okay, bye then. I love you! Dau's coming over with card designs, I'll send you pictures later.." He spoke.

"Bubyee.. I love you most!" I hung up.

I stared at my laptop, huffed and threw myself on the bed. I was very exhausted both mentally, from researching so much and physically from tidying up my room. I closed my eyes for a few seconds.

My bedside table. Shoot. I didn't check that.

I flung myself out of my bed and opened the drawer. I found a couple of notepads and thankfully one of them had all my passwords written down in it.

Yessss!!! Found it, finally.

I logged onto my blog and made a few changes to make it appear a bit more modern.

I figured I'd write something about weddings later on. At least one thing was off my mind.

I decided to take a nap because when Kira would be back, we were going to discuss about wedding preparations.

Also, it's her last day at work. Kira has taken up all her leaves up to the wedding which meant we were going to have so much fun deciding everything!

When Kira came, the whole night was spent finalising the decor and cards with Dau and Sumedh on video call.

Friday (After the interview)

Mallika's POV

Sumedh had come to pick me up after the interview. The interview was brilliant. AND I got the job. I have not told Sumedh about it yet. I thought I'll just play with him for a bit and see how he responds to my reaction.

The second I got in the car, I rested my head against the window and closed my eyes.

"Mallika? How was it?!" He nudged my elbow, trying to get me to look at him.

I nodded dejectedly making him think that it wasn't okay.

"Sumedh, just get me home. The interview was horrible." I sighed.

He started driving without saying a word to me. He knew that if I'm really upset, all I need is ice-cream and some quiet time.

I saw him taking a different route to the way home. I knew he was going to take me to an ice cream parlour since that was the only thing that could comfort me.

When we reached to the parlour, I acted like I wasn't interested in going, making Sumedh drag me out of the car.

We went in the colourful icecream parlour, Sumedh went straight to the counter and ordered a tub of ice cream which we were going to share.

When he came back, I made an excuse of going to the bathroom and met Jane, the girl who was preparing our ice cream and I asked her to add some colourful rainbow sprinkles on the ice cream, making it read 'I got it'.

I went back to my place and soon after, the waiter came and kept the tub on the table. Sumedh's reaction completely changed to confusion and as he looked at me, I gave him a big smile and he knew what I meant.

He was so happy for me. We spent the rest of the time talking about how it went and when was I going to join.

The next month was going to be a blur, with me starting work as well as preparing for the wedding. It was not going to be much of an issue as I had already discussed it with Alice and she completely understood and also agreed to let me work from home as well.

Anyway, all is well that ends well! I'm now looking forward to both the job and the wedding!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________

HI guys!!

Finally I managed to write this one after some horrible writer's block! 😬

I hope y'all like it! It's not perfect but until my exams are over, this one will have to do! The next update will be mid December! Stay tuned, it's gonna be an exciting one! ❤️😜

Please vote, comment and share! ✨❤️

Lots of love! ✨❤️

-a_girl_imagines