Chapter 5 - Hide & Hide

Mallika's POV

It was dark everywhere, everyone took the game very seriously. You could not even hear them talking or shuffling around to go to their hiding places. They were being extremely cautious. I extended my hands in front of me, so as to be able to figure out where I was and started walking towards the door as I could see a little bit of moonlight and I thought no one would dare go in the light as they could easily get caught.

I walked carefully and went outside in the terrace. With the help of the moonlight, I managed to find a small table and sat under it, so as not to attract anyone's attention. I stayed there for about ten minutes before I heard someone scream. I laughed quietly. Someone had been caught already. A few more minutes, then I'll go back inside and search for Sumedh. About fifteen minutes in the game, a few more people were caught and I decided to head back in, to find Sumedh.

I went inside and walked using the support of the walls because of the darkness. Suddenly, I stumbled over something, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a room. It was definitely a guy, judging from his strong grasp. Damn it, this is not safe at all. This game is rubbish, I'll scream and just end this stupid game right now. Anything can happen in the dark, especially for girls. What if someone is drunk and has evil intentions? But only our close friends and family were invited. I thought. Better be safe than sorry.

I struggled to pull my arm back from the unknown person. Just as I opened my mouth to let out a scream, he closed his palm around my mouth and I could almost feel his breath on my neck as my back was to his chest. My eyes widened in fear and my heart started racing.

"Shhhttt, it's Sumedh. Stop struggling so much!" Sumedh whispered. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I was relieved.

"Why did you bring me here? Aren't you supposed to be hiding or looking for your partner? Anyway, it's good, I'm still winning" I whispered back, holding both his arms tightly, so he couldn't escape.

"What's going on here? And I'm winning, okay? I got your name, and look you're here, I gotcha!" he smirked.

"I got your name too. How crazy is that?" I told him.

"Listen to me and do as I say, okay?" he started before I cut him off.

"Why should I do as you say, huh?" I argued.

"Shh!! Listen to me, there's about ten minutes left for the game to be over. Jennifer and Jay still have not been caught. We'll wait for them to get caught first, and then we'll go out. It's a win-win situation. What say?" he asked.

Hmm..it was a good plan, we were sure to win this stupid game. Although, I could not understand why he wanted to win against Jen and Jay.

"But why do you want to win agai-" I started to ask, when I got interrupted by someone's loud scream.

I recognised the voice, it was Jennifer. Kira had got Jennifer's name and I could hear Jay cheering Kira about finding Jennifer, so basically all three of them were now out of the game.

Sumedh and I grinned at each other. We had won. It was weird, him being actually nice. It was then that I realised that he had a pretty mischievous side to him as well.

We got out of the room together and just as we reached the hall, where everyone was, we grabbed each other's arms and said "I found him", "I found her" at the same time.

Everyone laughed and then we were informed that we had won the game. We shared a look, and he winked at me.

"Sooo, nowww time for the winners to find out their surprise and the losers to face the consequences." Jen said. I nodded, I had almost forgotten about this.

Dev caught Tanya, this meant that Tanya had lost. Since Dev had caught her, he had to take a plateful of whipped cream and put it all over her face. I felt pretty bad for her, but it was all good fun as even she laughed about it.

Now, it was mine and Sumedh's turn. Since we both came out at the same time, we were both winners.

"You two have won. So you get two movie tickets. One each" Jay handed us the tickets. I took the tickets and saw they were tickets for the new Fantastic Beast series. I was so excited.

"Thank youu. I've been waiting far too long to go see this and now I can." I said excitedly as I hugged Jennifer.

"It's next Saturday right? Why don't you and Sumedh go together?" Kira said.

I narrowed my eyes. Was this girl mad? Sumedh's gonna go back to being rude now. I rolled my eyes, waiting for that to happen. The guy's so moody. You can never predict his actions.

"Sure, definitely. Give me your phone, Mallika" he ordered and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I need to communicate with you to pick you up and stuff, right? We don't have owls like in Harry Potter, remember?" he explained with a small smile and I gave him my phone quietly. He saved his number and handed back my phone.

"Okay, tonight was really fun. It's late now, Kira and I should leave. We have work tomorrow and I'm sure my mum hasn't slept yet. Congratulations on your wedding again." I told Jay and Jennifer.

"I'm leaving too, take care everyone. Bye" Sumedh waved at Jennifer and Jay and started walking with me and Kira to the parking.

"See you Saturday...Mallika." he almost whispered and I suddenly felt weak. I loved the way he said my name. I nodded 'hmm'.

As I was going to open the passenger door in Kira's car, Sumedh quickly came in front of me and opened it for me.

"Get in, my lady" he grinned. I was confused. So nice, all of a sudden. I nodded and thanked him.

"Goodnight." we both said at the same time and we drove off in our respective directions.

'Saturday' I thought and smiled to myself.

________________________________________________________________________

How did you find this chapter?

Please comment and vote if you liked it.

Thank you very much. :)

- a_girl_imagines