Chapter 29 - Confrontation

Mallika's POV

I woke up the next morning to find a handsome boy staring at me.

"Bit creepy watching someone sleep, don't you think?" I spoke.

"Good morning to you too!" He chuckled.

"Come on, let's get up, you have an hour to get to work. It's Monday." He reminded me. My face fell instantly and I felt guilty for not having told him what had occurred the previous day.

"Er.. Yeah let's go, I'll help you put away these things!" I exclaimed and stood up abruptly.

My head started spinning with the swift movement and I felt his arms around my waist. Once I was steady, I started helping him put away the adorable decorations he had put up last night.

We kept everything in the car and went straight to Kira's place.

We were greeted by Kira's smirking face as I entered her apartment. Dau had obviously gone back home to get ready for his day.

I had spare work outfits at Kira's place since we occasionally have sleepovers. I stepped in the shower and put on my work clothes. Sumedh had gone back to his house to get ready as well.

"So, did you tell him? You know.. About Ayan?" Kira asked.

"No.. I haven't yet. I'll tell him once I hand in my resignation letter today."

"What about your parents?" Kira added.

"I'll figure something out. They don't have to know about this. They will be so worried. I'll tell them when I find another job.." I sighed deeply.

I reluctantly got ready for the dreadful day.

We took off in Kira's car. Once we reached the building I took a deep breath and prepared myself mentally for what was about to happen during the day.

So let's face it! There are a few issues here. Firstly I need to hand in my resignation letter, provided that goes well, I'm going to leave this job, effective today itself because to be honest I can't stand a second in there. Secondly, I need to tell Sumedh about Ayan and pray to God it doesn't turn out bad. Finally, I need to confront Elina about the role she played in bringing me to Ayan. Oh! I also got to thank her though, because without that bitch, Sumedh and I wouldn't be in a relationship right now.

I plastered a fake professional smile as I waltzed into the office. There were a few people, but I was thankful that neither Elina nor Ayan had arrived yet. I sat at my desk as I waited for my laptop to start.

Once it started, without wasting much time, I began typing out my resignation letter. I printed it out and signed it. Now I just needed to find an envelope and hand it to my manager.

I went to the stationary room to search for an envelope when my phone rang. Sumedh. Ah! Well atleast one good thing happened.

I picked up the phone. We greeted each other and he asked me to come by during lunch or whenever I could. I smiled at his request. I'm going to visit my boyfriend as soon as I hand in this awful letter and complete all the formalities.

It had been a while and everyone had settled in. I walked straight to my team's manager, Rishi to give him my resignation letter. He looked up at me, totally confused.

"Mallika, this is so sudden.. What happened?"

My manager was a bit more understanding than Ayan. Ayan always wanted to take charge as my senior, as though he were the team's manager.

"Just some personal reasons.. I really need to leave today itself. I'm sorry. Most of the tasks supposed to be done by me are over. So there's no pending work from my end. Please sign it."