8

Chapter Eight: Not As The Rumors Say

Not three days since Hua Xi Wan married into the junwang fu, the entire fu knew that she had the affection of Junwang Ye. There were even people that said that Junwang Fei was as beautiful as the celestials and people who saw her would forget the mortal world. However, there didn't seem to be many people that believed this rumor, and it was felt that the person who said this was trying to endear themselves with Junwang Fei but was not skilled. It would be better to praise the junwang fei for a good presence and beautiful figure.

Bai Xia and the others knew the rumors in the junwang fu. On the surface, it seemed that Junwang and Junwang Fei were very close, but as people who had served Junwang Fei for many years, how could they not see that the conversation between Junwang Fei and Junwang was courteous yet awkward? Not to mention that Junwang Fei did not usually mention Xian Junwang privately, as though Junwang Ye was just someone she was living with.

"Sister Bai Xia, did you see what was on the list?" Hong Ying walked in with a list. She saw Bai Xia was making Junwang Fei's socks and said as she put down the list, "Your embroidery is getting better and better. No wonder Junwang Fei likes wearing the inner garments that you make."

Hong Ying was not purposefully flattering Bai Xia. The hidden twin lotuses pattern embroidered on the pair of socks was extremely lifelike. If one did not look closely, the pattern was hard to detect, and if one touched it, it felt soft to the touch.

"I'm just making a few pairs in my spare time." Bai Xia put down her needlework and put the basket to the side. After she had Hong Ying sit down, she said, "Right now, Junwang Fei has people from the Needlework Room serving her. The embroiders of the wang fu are skilled in Shu and Su embroidery, and there are quite a few that have skills passed down from their ancestors. I cannot compare to them. It is just that Junwang Fei is used to wearing the inner garments that I make and remembers old affections."

"Why do you humble yourself so?" Hong Ying looked at the banana tree that had started to turn green outside the window. "The skills of the embroiders in the wang fu are rare, but your care towards Junwang Fei is something that those embroiders cannot rival."

Bai Xia smiled upon hearing this and took the list that Hong Ying had come in with. She made a comparison and then said, "I have already performed a match with Chief Steward Mu Tong at the storeroom. There is no problem with the things on the list."

Hong Ying nodded and released a breath. There were many good things in the storehouses of prestigious families, but because the objects had been accumulated for too long or the servants were not clean, the objects in the storeroom would not be the same as what was recorded in the inventory. Accidents like this would happen even in the marquis fu. She had not expected that the junwang fu was managed so well without a female mistress.

"This way, no accident will happen when Junwang Fei returns to her paternal family tomorrow morning." New marriages were supposed to be lucky. If the gifts that were taken back to the paternal family were damaged, then it would be a mess. Hong Ying looked at the list. "Junwang Ye has treated Junwang Fei pretty well on the surface."

When the new bride returned to her home, the gifts she brought back represented the respect her husband's family held for her. If it was too little, she would feel bad, and even her paternal family might be laughed at by others.

"All right, there is no problem with the gifts." Bai Xia sighed. The last remaining major question was if Junwang Ye was willing to accompany Junwang Fei back to her home. She looked at the color of the sky. "Junwang Fei is going to wake up from the noon nap soon. Let us go over now."