99

Chapter Ninety-Nine: Who is Scheming?

Yan Bo Yi was overwhelmed as he read the reports his subordinates had passed on. His reputation among the common people was extremely low, and he had offended some prestigious families, not to mention the families that were on good terms with Hou shi.

He had originally suspected that it was Hou shi who had been passing information out of the fu, so he decided to temporarily keep her under house arrest. He hadn't expected for Hou shi to be so decisive and make the matter known over the entire city. With just Hou shi's own power in the wang fu, she would not be able to do this. Who had been helping her in secret?

Was it the old emperor or... Yan Bo Yi thought of Yan Jin Qiu, and his brow creased. From a young age, he had looked down on Yan Jin Qiu who was refined in appearance but conniving inside. But right now, he had to admire the other for acting at such a level.

Hou shi!

He looked with a dark face at the information on his hands. He suppressed his anger as he said, "Send someone to deliver generous gifts to Hou Fu. I will go personally to the palace to collect Junwang Fei."

The servants saw that Junwang Ye had an ugly expression and did not dare to speak. They hurriedly prepared the carriage to send Junwang Ye into the palace.

As a member of the Imperial House who was of age, it was not appropriate for Yan Bo Yi to go directly to Shu Fei's palace, so he could only go see the Emperor. However, coincidentally, after he entered the hall, he found that other than the Emperor, Xu Wang, Ning Wang and Yan Jin Qiu were all present.

The wang ye saw Yan Bo Yi come in. While they did not have agreeable expressions, they did not speak before Yan Bo Yi sat down out of consideration for their relationship.

"Since you are all present today, zhen will ask you what you think." Qilong Emperor looked with a displeased expression at Yan Bo Yi. "Are you discontent with Hou shi, or with zhen?"

He had been the one to decree this marriage. Sheng Junwang treating Hou shi so—wasn't that challenging him?

"Your Majesty, this subject-nephew does not have such intentions. I think there must be some misunderstanding here." Yan Bo Yi who had just sat down had to stand up again. He walked to the middle of the hall and knelt down. He said in an earnest tone, "Please give subject-nephew a chance. Subject-nephew will definitely treat her well." Yan Bo Yi did not plan on explaining much. No one cared about the truth of the matter now that it had developed to such a level. For the common people, what they liked to hear about was the story of a ruthless man abandoning his wife. The members of the Imperial House would only consider the effects of this matter, and it was not important who was in the wrong or right.

Yan Jin Qiu raised an eyebrow. Looking at Yan Bo Yi in the center of the hall assuming a righteous aura, his eyebrows moved slightly. Something like, a person with such a just and righteous face abusing his wife was even more interesting.

"What is the meaning in saying this to zhen now?" Qilong Emperor stood expressionlessly in the hall. He said in a disappointed and angry tone, "Yesterday, Sheng Junwang Fei came into the palace and begged Shu Fei for a divorce. When she said this, many of the consorts in the palace heard her. How do you want zhen to help you?"

Yan Bo Yi's expression changed slightly. Hou shi had said such a thing, but why had no one told him what had happened yesterday? When he thought of this, his mood changed drastically. Someone had deliberately stopped this information.