33

Chapter Thirty-Three: Lu shi's Anger

As they smiled and conversed, they heard a servant of the minister fu say that the son-in-law had arrived . Hua Xi Wan saw the old taitai already standing up from her seat and went forward with a smile to support the old taitai. "Grandmother, be careful. Granddaughter will help you over to watch."

"Good, good." The old taitai saw her junwang fei granddaughter support her, and the smile on her face grew. Even her steps became much steadier. The womenfolk around them came forward to praise Hua Xi Wan for being filial and caused the old taitai to break out into a big smile.

Yao shi and Lu shi followed behind the old taitai. Hearing the praise in the surroundings, Yao shi looked with slight jealousy at her dasao beside her. Now that Third Niece had become a junwang fei, the womenfolk in Jing started to flatter and respect Dasao as though the air Hua Xi Wan exhaled was some heavenly elixir.

Now she was just giving a hand to help the old taitai, yet it seemed as though she had done a great matter. She blushed on behalf of those people.

"Dimei, careful with your steps." Lu shi reached out to touch Yao shi with an insincere smile. She caused Yao shi to refocus and force out a bit of a smile. "Dasao, you first."

Lu shi glanced at her and then walked in front of her.

Yao shi, who had thought the other would be courteous, was so angry she almost broke her teeth in anger.

When the procession entered the inner yard, they saw Zhou Yun Heng was inviting Hua Yi Liu to come out of the room. They all stopped in their steps and examined Zhou Yun Heng from the side.

To be fair, Zhou Yun Heng's appearance was still very good. The bright red groom attire caused his lips to look red and his teeth white. However, Hua Xi Wan could see the lightness in his brows—this was not a man who would be satisfied to live peaceful days. Men liked beauty and were greedy for it, but as long as they did not create big problems, in the eyes of many people, they would be called a romantic. It was just a pity for those women who married this kind of men.

"Oh." The old taitai had lived for decades and could see that Zhou Yun Heng was not a good match. But because of her identity, and because the engagement between the Hua Family and the Zhou Family had been confirmed, she really could not speak more about it.

She might not like Hua Yi Liu's personality, but that was still a grandchild of the Hua Family. Was she willing for people from the Hua family to marry out and be slighted in other families?

Hua Xi Wan heard this sigh, and her opinion of the old taitai increased. This one would occasionally do some muddle-minded things, but she did not have a bad heart.

Yao shi and Lu shi also heard the sigh, but no one spoke.

After Zhou Yun Heng made the invitation three times, the door was opened. Hua Yi Liu was carried out by her younger brother, Hua Cun Lu. Zhang shi was wiping her tears as she stood behind the door, her eyes full of yearning.

Hua Xi Wan saw Zhang shi's state, and for some reason, her gaze landed on Hua Cun Lu who was carrying Hua Yi Liu out of the door on his back. She had heard that the Emperor had recently intended to promote the Old Master of the Zhou Family as Minister and was preparing for him to be the main examiner of the Spring Examination next year.

Zhang shi could tolerate Zhou Yun Heng having something with a tongfang before marriage and could marry Hua Yi Liu to the Zhou Family—this was most likely to prepare the road for Hua Cun Lu. Maybe in Zhang shi's eyes, the son was the most important. As to her daughter's happiness, in front of her son's scholarly title, it was not worth anything.