52

Chapter Fifty-Two: Everyone Is A Good Actor

"What did you say?" When Qilong Emperor heard the guard's report, he was so angry he almost fainted. But he still remembered what the setting was, so he stood up and bowed to the master of the Three Pure Monastery. "Spiritual Master, I probably cannot continue our match."

The monastery master smiled as he stood up and said, "Playing weiqi is a pastime. Your Majesty, please act at your leisure."

Qilong Emperor was not in the mood to converse with the monastery master. He hurriedly left the inner room and walked towards the Western Yard. When he arrived, all the women present had drawn back into the rooms. The Crown Prince had dressed. Li meiren had been pulled down, and the only eye-catching mark that remained was the blood on the wall.

Li meiren was one of the women whom the Emperor had been favoring recently. Otherwise, she would not have been included among the people coming on this trip. But now his own son had slept with his concubine, and his concubine had committed suicide in front of the womenfolk of the Imperial House. No matter how much power he had, he would not be able to stop the mouths from talking. Kill all the womenfolk present? If he really did that, then tomorrow, it would be someone else ruling the Great Zhao Dynasty.

The people who came after him included Ning Wang, Xian Wang, Sheng Junwang, Xu Wang Shizi and others. Ning Wang was in the Crown Prince's camp, but he was filled with regret about this matter that had just occurred. Why had he been bewitched at the beginning and joined the Crown Prince's camp?

As a son, forcing the death of a shu mother implied that his conduct was lacking. He was also seen by so many womenfolk, not to mention the many guards who were present at the scene. This matter would be impossible to conceal, unless everyone present was on the Crown Prince's side.

But was that possible? Because the Crown Prince had been too arrogant these past years, he had offended many members of the imperial clan, not to mention that there were people outside who said that the miscarriage of Sheng Junwang Fei was related to the Crown Prince Fu. With Sheng Junwang's status in court, how could he let this matter pass?

"How are the women—have they been frightened?" Ning Wang saw the situation and could only avoid the serious matter. He asked about the womenfolk who had been at the scene.

"Ning Wang Ye, a few of the noble ones were frightened and fainted. The Grand Doctors have come to take their pulse," a guard replied.

Yan Jin Qiu who heard this asked in a natural manner, "How is Xian Wang Fei?"

Because Xian Wang's love for Xian Wang Fei was known in Jing, the guard was not surprised. He immediately responded, "Xian Wang Fei fainted in fright and has been helped into the room to rest."

"En." Yan Jin Qiu's brow furrowed. His feet shifted a few times and then he stood still.

The guards saw Xian Wang appear as though he wanted to enter the room and couldn't help but think, if it wasn't that there were other women in the room, Xian Wang would have probably entered the room now. As expected, hearing was not as good as seeing. Xian Wang really was in deep love with his wang fei.

"You bastard!"

The shout from the Emperor frightened the guard into bowing his head and holding his breath.

Hearing this, Yan Jin Qiu looked over and saw that the Emperor had kicked the Crown Prince, who stumbled back a few steps. If it wasn't that two young taijian were supporting him, he probably would have fallen to the floor.