79

Chapter Seventy-Nine: Preference

After Yan Jin Qiu left, the servant woman who served the Empress Dowager came out with tea. "His Highness Xian Wang is so pure and kind—how can he reach the goal on behalf of niangniang?"

"It is good for him to be kind. If he was as cold as Yan Bo Yi, aijia would not dare to prop him up." The Empress Dowager took a sip of tea. Her eyes were satisfied. "People who have a weakness are easier to grasp."

"Empress Dowager, you are above the rest. You managed to discover beforehand that Xian Wang Fei was of extraordinary beauty, and managed to match Xian Wang and Xian Wang Fei. The two are deeply in love now, which is the best situation." The servant woman's tone was reverent and full of praise. "You are extraordinary in wisdom."

"Yi'an Marquis Fu is well-managed, but it cannot be said to be completely leak-proof." As the servant woman praised the Empress Dowager, she couldn't help but say a few more words. "Such a good daughter, when they were not raising her in the general fu, she was in the marquis fu, as though she couldn't be seen in public. They also allowed people to discuss her freely. This Yi'an Marquis Fu can be said to be a generous family, but they should not be so generous. Therefore, there had to be a reason. Just as aijia had thought, the di daughter of Yi'an Marquis wasn't a female without beauty, but one who has devastating beauty. Aijia had someone investigate a few years ago. Hua shi does not like to manage matters, and is lazy. However, she has a seductive voice and beauty. Whichever family she marries into, she would have them wrapped around her little finger. Even if Xian Wang succeeds the throne in the future, he will lose his motivation if he has such a wang fei. This kind of emperor is the best for aijia."

For the Empress Dowager, it was not good if either the Crown Prince or Sheng Junwang took the throne. The Crown Prince was not a capable person, and he had his own birth mother. If he succeeded the throne, there wouldn't be any room for her, the Grand Empress Dowager, to establish herself. Sheng Junwang was too vicious, vicious to himself and even more so to others. She could not hope that this kind of emperor would be filial to her.

Only Xian Wang had grown up by her side. He was reverent of her, and liked scholarly pursuits. While he somewhat understood how to scheme, he was not vicious, and placed great importance on emotions. For her, he was the best choice to ascend the throne.

The servant woman saw the Empress Dowager sink into thought and silently retreated to the side. Her careful attitude didn't show any of her curiosity about Xian Wang from just a moment ago.

Hua Xi Wan woke up from her nap and found that there was a figure beside her. When she saw it was Yan Jin Qiu, she rose up from the bed. "When did you get back?"

"Just now." Yan Jin Qiu put down the book in his hand and took an outer robe from the hanger to pull over her. "You were slighted these two days. In the future, the Empress Dowager will not bully you using these kinds of matters."

Hua Xi Wan's hand stilled where she had been holding the edge of the clothing. She looked at Yan Jin Qiu's calm face. "What did you say to the Empress Dowager?"

"Nothing, don't worry about these horrid matters." Reaching out to touch her soft hair, Yan Jin Qiu had a slight smile on his face. "I had the kitchen already prepare the evening meal. First rise and take a walk with me in the yard. That way, you will have an appetite."

"All right." Hua Xi Wan did not know what Yan Jin Qiu did to have the Empress Dowager retreat, but she did not want to waste mental effort thinking about this. She changed into a simple dress, washed and then put her hair into a simple style before walking out of the door shoulder to shoulder with Yan Jin Qiu.