105

Chapter One Hundred and Five: Chaotic Night

"Wang Ye, please mind the stairs." The taijian had a lowered head as he carefully ushered Yan Jin Qiu into the hall. Yan Jin Qiu stilled before stepping into the hall then he looked at the taijian and said, "How can this subject intrude into the Emperor's residential palace without an announcement?"

The young taijian moved a step to the side and explained, "Wang Ye, His Majesty had decreed before this one left the palace that when Wang Ye arrived, you can enter the inner hall immediately without any announcement."

"So that is how it is." Yan Jin Qiu looked at the imperial guards standing sternly outside the hall and neatened his clothing. "Then please lead the way."

When members of the Imperial House met with the Emperor, their servants did not qualify to enter the hall. The attendants that Yan Jin Qiu had taken along retreated silently to the side and watched as Yan Jin Qiu walked into the inner hall.

After Yan Jin Qiu walked through the hall gates, they watched as the vermilion doors plated with gold slowly closed with a heavy thump.

The hand of the guard closest to the door moved slightly. He shifted his calves as though he was slightly unused to this sound.

In Yi'an Marquis Fu, Hua He Sheng and his brothers were all in the inner compound. Even the old taitai had entered the marquis fu. The younger generation, like Hua Chang Bao, were also sitting in the same room with solemn expressions.

"I do not know what the situation in the palace is like, so in the next few days, I will trouble Younger Brothers to live here with me." The worry in Hua He Sheng's eyes was hard to disguise, but in front of his two younger brothers and the juniors, he tried his best to be steady. "I think... there will be news soon enough."

Hua Zhi Ming and Hua Zhi Xun knew that their elder brother was worried about Hua Xi Wan. However, the situation was complex, and they did not have many subordinates who could be useful. Even if they wanted to help, they were unable to do so.

"Marquis, Miss Hong Ying requests an audience." The steward of the marquis fu hurriedly walked in, and behind him was Hong Ying dressed in the clothing of a commoner.

"Hong Ying, what is the situation of the wang fu?" Hua Ding Chen saw Hong Ying's attire, and his heart skipped a beat. Disregarding the presence of his elders and not waiting for Hong Ying to bow, he asked, "Does Meimei have trustworthy people around her?"

Hong Ying curtsied to the group in the room before saying, "Masters, Mistresses, Young Masters, do not worry. Wang Fei is fine. Wang Ye was just summoned into the palace. Right now, Wang Fei is in charge of the entire wang fu."

Hearing this, Hua Ding Chen was reassured. However, when he thought of the chaotic situation of the imperial palace, and how Yan Jin Qiu had been summoned to the palace, he couldn't help but frown. He turned and looked at his father and older brother who also had grave expressions. He did not dare to speak, in fear he would interrupt their thoughts.

Hua He Sheng heard something unusual from Hong Ying's words. He lowered his voice and said, "Wang Ye entered the palace?"

Hong Ying nodded. "Wang Fe was worried about the marquis fu and has sent this servant to visit. Before leaving, Wang Fei said for everyone to not panic, and not see guests."

"Guests..."

"Anyone not of the Hua Family is a guest." Hong Ying looked around the room and her gaze landed on Hua Zhi Ming. "Second Master, is Second Taitai present?"