45

Chapter Forty-Five: Assassination

The people in Jing felt unsafe after a case like this occurred. Every day, before it was curfew, there were not many people on the streets. It was much quieter than usual

"Junma, the rain is getting heavy. Should we find a place to rest?" Outside the carriage, a manservant wiped the water from his face and swore at the heavens. It had been raining for a few days, and they finally had waited for a clear day to go out. Who knew that on the way back, it started to rain. It seemed that the rain was going to get heavier. He was so unlucky.

"Not necessary." Luo Zhong Zheng raised the curtain to look outside, "It is almost curfew. We should return to the fu as soon as possible, otherwise Junzhu will worry."

"Yes." The manservant did not dare to speak more and indicated to the carriage driver to drive faster in order to avoid being rained on more when the rain increased. There was no problem if they were rained on, but if Junma became ill, they would be punished when they returned to the junzhu fu.

Luo Zhong Zheng felt very restless inside. He felt very uncertain after the words the Crown Prince had said. In terms of personality, he actually admired Sheng Junwang more, but the Crown Prince was the legitimate heir. He was someone loyal to the monarchy and was naturally on the Crown Prince's side.

But he had not thought that Junzhu...

The carriage suddenly shook violently. Luo Zhong Zheng's brow creased as he said, "What is happening?"

No one answered outside, and he instantly felt that something was not well. He raised the curtain to look and immediately changed expression. He found that the guards and menservants that he had taken with him were all spread out on the ground in silence; the ground was dyed red.

Before he could breathe, he glimpsed a silver light flash in front of his eyes. His throat felt cold and itchy. When he wanted to open his mouth and shout, his vision turned dark.

The leader looked at the grandly dressed man who dropped out of the carriage. The heavy rain washed away the blood coming out of his body and added a deathly aura.

"Bam!"

"Leader, there's no one left alive."

"Scatter."

The rain was getting heavier and gradually washed away all footsteps. No one would expect that right under the eyes of the Heavenly Son, on a street of Jing, such a case would occur.

"What? Lin Ping Junma was attacked last night just a few dozen zhang from his fu?!" Hua Xi Wan almost shattered the teacup in her hand. She did not even care about the water that splashed onto her hand. "Is he still alive?"

"Mistress, be careful." Bai Xia hurried to wipe the water from her hand. Fortunately, the tea was not very hot, otherwise, it would not be good if it burned Mistress. She reached out to take the teacup in Hua Xi Wan's hand and said in a light voice, "This servant heard that Lin Ping Junzhu Fu has already put up white banners."

Hua Xi Wan was slightly surprised. She recalled how Lin Ping Junzhu had not cared for anything in order to marry this man. Now that the man was gone, leaving behind Lin Ping Junzhu and two children. This was not a good matter.

At this time, servants came in with several boxes. Hong Ying inspected them and said with a frown, "Who put in these night pearls? Mistress does not like these things; it is not permitted to have them in the yard from now on."

"This small one will remember." The servant who was holding the box of night pearls carefully closed the box with regret. In the eyes of Wang Fei, these night pearls that were worth a thousand taels of gold were like dirt. It was a pity that Wang Ye had sent them with love and did not expect that Wang Fei would not like these objects.