48

Chapter Forty-Eight: Heavy Doubts

There was a kind of rumor that one believed before other people did.

At some unknown time, there were rumors spreading in Jing that Xian Wang Fei was actually a great shrew. The noble misses that used to like Xian Wang would also complain. Some men felt that Xian Wang was not strong enough so his wife did not obey him, but more men felt that if they could marry such a beauty, so what if she did not listen?

Half a month had passed since the assassination of Lin Ping Junma. No other assassinations had occurred in Jing. Many people sighed in relief and started to believe that the person who killed Lin Ping Junma was one at odds with him. Otherwise, why would they allow the matter to become known far and wide?

The Judicial Office was also thinking the same, so they started to investigate Luo Zhong Zheng and the Luo Family. It would have been fine if they did not investigate this, but when they did, they found that this Luo Junma was not a good person. The Luo Family also used their power to bully others in Jiang City and abused the citizens.

For example, this junma ye wanted to take a prosperous store and actually made the owner's wife die from anger. And his younger brother also forcibly took a commoner female as a concubine. This was lawless behavior.

The more they investigated, the more the people of the Judicial Office felt that while Luo Zhong Zheng himself did not have many faults, his relatives really attracted hate. Such a crude and ignorant family was able to attract the junzhu to marry down. Luo Zhong Jing really had good moves.

The information even showed that Luo Zhong Zheng's mother had once tried to act as the mother-in-law in front of Lin Ping Junzhu. However, the junzhu was not a soft one. After a few lessons, the Luo Family was much more obedient in front of the junzhu. It was a pity that this junzhu did not do much to manage the conduct of the Luo Family and caused many innocent people to be harmed by the Luo Family.

The Luo Family had caused many broken families. If they had to investigate from this angle, it really was not easy to start. However, they still reported the things that the Luo Family did to the Emperor. What was going to happen next would be the problem of the Emperor.

"Junior Official Zhang, this case is full of doubts everywhere and there are many places that it is related to. This lowly official does not know where to start." The Judicial Office deputy finished organizing the evidence of the case and was filled with worry. Disregarding the things that the Luo Family had done, just this matter of the junma having a flirtation with a certain seductive singer, and being found out by Lin Ping Junzhu, was a very suspicious matter. For example, could Lin Ping Junzhu have felt hate and found someone to kill the junma?

Zhang Hou had been working in the Judicial Office for over a fortnight. Because the Emperor was paying attention to this matter, not many in the Judicial Office tried to deliberately make things difficult for him. After half a month of exploration, he had basically learned the network inside the Judicial Office and was even better at taking care of matters. What he had to worry about now was being able to conclude Lin Ping Junma's case. Otherwise, his career would really end.

Even though he had been summoned in the morning by the Emperor and scolded, Zhang Hou's mental strength was the same as his name.[i] Taking the list of evidence the deputy presented, he took a rough look and said disdainfully, "A little Luo Family has committed so much sin."

The deputy sighed. "It really is so. However, when the people from the Junzhu Fu sent someone to ask about the progress of the case, this lowly official heard the person's tone was not good."