90 (EPILOGUE)

I stepped out of my car before I slammed the door closed. I gave my chauffeur a quick nod. He reciprocated a gentle gesture back. The wind breezed past me as the engines of the car turned off. Goosebumps were already forming on my skin; I shivered and hurried into the building.

       The automatic glass doors opened. I walked in and was bombarded with the greetings of the front receptionists. I gave a curt nod and entered the elevator. It's been a day since I was here. I walked out of the elevator and straightened my back. 

        With the click of my heels against the ceramic floor, I have alerted my personal secretary that I have arrived. She was busy filing a few things but stood up when she heard the distinct noise. Her eyebrows knitted.

      "Good morning, Ms. Han," she spoke. She studied me. "I... I believe you were supposed to be taking a month off?"

       Jasmine was my personal secretary—or personal assistant, if you will. She was always loyal and ready to help me and I admired her for it. Maybe because she had qualities Hua Er did; strong but gentle, kind and a bit nurturing.

       "Yes, but I need to clean my office," I said. "There are a few things I'll need to take home with me."

       She nodded.

      I continued walking but turned around again. "Jasmine, I hope you keep Jaxon in his place. I know he seems a bit too much to handle, but I"—I winked—"feel as if you can tame him."

      "Yes, ma'am," she didn't meet my gaze. A small blush crept on her cheek. "He's a handful... But I guess he is able to carry himself."

       "Oh, I know, but I don't have to worry. Jaxon knows what he's doing," I turned around. My heels clicked away.

       It's been five years since I came back from ancient China. After the lawsuit money, I started up a tech company which gained a lot of investors who joined the wave. We were already a very successful company but I didn't stop yet. I had a vision, and soon, it would become a biotech company. As of now, we are one of the top valued companies in the country.

       The empress role I played helped me realise that I was made to be running something. I had the power and the determination to do something... And I did. I realised this gift and I started studying business and leadership. The interest for technology was something I unlocked in my head.

       I comfortably sat on my office chair. The view from above was beautiful. Cars were rapidly driving by, and it was lively under my nose. With all this stress, I had to take a month off. It wasn't risky because Jaxon co-founded the company with me. We were both business partners and it was a spontaneous choice to start something beautiful. I knew Jaxon can be able to handle it himself. He was intelligent, diligent, and able to handle tough working conditions.

        "Time to start cleaning," I whispered to myself.

       Being the CEO and the president of the board of directors wasn't easy. It was hard to keep up with so many things at once, but I love risk-taking.

      Starting up a company from scratch was extremely tough and challenging. I couldn't have done it alone. I distanced myself from family and friends, and any leisure activities someone my age would be doing. I remained single because of it. I felt independent, and I was happy like that. What happened in ancient China, in the harem, taught me a lot of things. I have applied them to the world I belonged in.

       I've barely met up with Cherry as well. Since I had no time, it was obvious to say that I haven't visited ancient China because of my heavy schedule.