Chapter 11

Maddie and Josie decided last night that we were going to brunch this morning

Maddie and Josie decided last night that we were going to brunch this morning. I woke up this morning, ready to get some waffles and bacon, but I was sadly mistaken. We're at this new restaurant on campus and they don't even serve waffles. Who doesn't serve waffles when they sell breakfast? That is so disappointing if you ask me. 

"I think I'm going to try the avocado toast. What about you guys?" Maddie asks Josie and I. 

Josie shrugs and says, "I'm getting the omelet, I heard it's really delicious." Heard from where?

"I think it would have been delicious to have waffles but here we are." I say to them. "But since they don't have it, I'm getting the açaí bowl. They can't mess that up, right?"

Well, they messed it up. It looks like mush and looks not very edible. The açaí is mixed with peanut butter, but they didn't tell anyone that. It's a hazard if you tell me, someone could get a really bad allergic reaction. I'm grumpy this morning because I was really looking forward to having some waffles this wonderful Sunday morning but here I am, not eating waffles. This açaí bowl doesn't even have granola on it. Do they think I'm healthy or something? Like I really need my carbs. 

"This is delicious, how do you not like it, Mia?" Josie says as she takes a bite and closes her eyes to savor the taste. 

The waiter walks by and asks, "How's everything tasting, ladies? Is there anything I can get for you?" 

I speak up. "Everything tastes wonderful. Thank you." I smile for good measure, hoping he didn't see me complaining about the food.  He smiles, along with a nod, and walks away. 

"Do you think he bought it?" I whisper to them and they both laugh. Maddie shakes her head no. I look at Maddie, then at Josie, then the waiter, and start laughing. 

"It probably would be good, I'm just too picky." I tell them as I settle in my seat. 

"Probably," Josie says as they both snicker. 

We're walking back to the dorms and I suddenly get an idea. 

"Okay, this may sound crazy," both the girls look at me, "what if we bought Just Dance and wii." 

The girls look at me questionably, "Are you sure? We would have to buy a tv and that's not even counting all of the accessories." Josie says to me. 

I wave them off, "It's fine. We'll use it so I'll get it and we can do that today. How does that sound?" They both nod and we turn to Walmart. 

"This is the most beautiful thing in the world." Maddie says as the TV's light shines and turns on. 

"I'm just glad it turned on. That felt like forever." Josie exclaims and falls back onto my bed.