Chapter 8

My family is completely bewitched with Mia

My family is completely bewitched with Mia. Like even border-line obsessed. They keep giving her goo-goo eyes and if it keeps happening, I won't bring her back. What kind of idiot would I be if I brought the girl I was interested in to meet my family? Oh right. I did. She loves them and I can tell you, they love her. Which isn't surprising. She is very lovable, and probably why anyone she meets, loves her.

She's changing right now in the bathroom down the hall. Fortunately, she didn't get her leggings  wet but she will be wearing my clothes back home. No complaints about that though.

When I step out of my room to check on her. I see her. And boy, let me tell you. The view does not disappoint.

She's got my hoodie on, that is a couple sizes too large for her body, her hair is wet, and she's trying to fold her clothes back up and stuff them in her pocket so she can use her hands. Wait that makes no sense but she's trying to fold them so she can put them somewhere. And because she uses her hands while she talks. And she's got this mop of wet hair on the top of her head in a bun, and my two sisters are sitting on the counter, giving her the most attention they've ever gave anyone. She's talking quietly, trying not to disrupt the house, which she isn't, but that's Mia for you.

"Mia, pleaseee! You have too!" Sam says to her. Mia shakes her head.

"Sam! You don't need me there. You'll do great." She smiles at her. What are they talking about? I start to walk over to them to hear what they're saying.

"I need you there. I never need anyone there, but I really need you to be there for me. Please?" She asks as nicely as she can, but I can tell she's starting to get irritated because she's not getting her way.

"Sam, you don't need me at your soccer game. You'll have your mom, dad, sister, and maybe even Nate will come and see." She looks up at her. Wait, me? I've like ever gone to her games. She hates when our family goes to her games because we're 'too loud'. That's a bunch of talk if you ask me.

"I do too! I never invite anyone to come to my games. You should feel honored! I hate when my family comes to my games!" She tries to argue. This seems to set something off on Mia's mind.

"Okay, I'll come. When is the next one?" She asks Sam who, without a doubt, has the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face.

"Next Saturday! Can you come?" Sam responds.

"Sure. I don't know if Nate can come though... would it be alright if I just came or should I come to the next one?" Mia asks Sam as if I'm not coming, even though I'm definitely coming. Especially if Mia is going somewhere that I could be at.

"No! That's perfectly fine. I don't really care that he won't come. I just hope you can. Is that alright? Even though Nate isn't going?" Sam asks with hopeful eyes.

"Of course, I'll come. Okay, now someone said something about showing me their room. Charlotte?" She asks Charlotte, who looks like she just won the lottery.