Chapter 45

Oh, the Florida sun

Oh, the Florida sun. So bright and blinding for the eyes to see.

Maddie, Josie, and I are in Naples right now. We got here almost four days ago, and we've been having a great time.

Something is missing, though.

The boys? Maddie always asks me. I guess she's right. It's really boring without them.

Especially when it comes to what we do for fun.

I've never been a fan of tanning. All my life. Summers at the beach. Living in California. But, no. I've always found joy in doing water activities, not sitting in the sun for hours, and becoming a burnt tomato. I guess I'm glad all those summers in Hawaii were at least eventful, to say the least.

Of course, I'll get into laying in the sun periodically. But it's only when, or if, I'm reading an intriguing part of the book that I read.

I've probably been in the water too many times to count today, and I'm trying to get either Maddie or Josie to go out with me now.

No such luck. Yet.

"Come on. Please," I beg as I pull on Maddie's leg to get her off the chair.

"Mia, I'm so comfy, though. I could literally fall asleep," she groans and lets her face fall onto the chair, and closes her eyes.

I roll my eyes and look over at Josie, who has her sunglasses pushed onto the bridge of her nose, as she looks at me with amusement. Her feet are propped up on her lounging chair, and she sits there, happily, with her bikini on.

"Cute belly button, by the way, Jos," I smile at her and raise my eyebrows. "Will you get your cute butt up and go in the ocean with me?"

She bites her cheek and looks out to the ocean, peering over her sunglasses and then back at me. She wiggles her nose around as she thinks and looks back at me. "Fine," she huffs as she gets off the chair and walks over to me. She hooks her arm through mine, throws her sunglasses on her seat, and waves goodbye to Maddie. "Bye, b," she hums as we both walk away.

Josie drops her head on my shoulder and hums to a song that I can't place as we walk down to the ocean. The soft sand rubs against my toes and massages my feet as we walk.

"I've been having the best time with my two besties," Josie hums along. "What about you, Mi? Have you been having fun?"

I nod my head and gently smile at the thoughts rolling through my head at what we've done this week. "It has been super fun. What do you think we should do tomorrow?"

"Parasailing! Or go on a boat! Or," she gasps, "or, maybe go jet skiing?"

I nod my head with a smile, "That sounds really fun, Jos."

"I'll ask the front desk about it," she smiles. "There's a fucking front desk. That I can tell them what I want to do. That's so cool. Thanks for bringing me and Mads, Mi. I love how you're rich," she laughs.