Chapter 33

"Happy game day!" Josie calls out to me as she walks into the house

"Hi, Jos!" I call from the kitchen. She walks in and smiles at the food I'm making. "Want some?"

"Do I? I would never turn food down," she tells me as she steals a piece of pasta from the bowl. "Delicious as always, Mi," she groans and wipes her hands on her shirt. "What are you wearing today?"

I look down at my outfit and back up at her. "Is this not adequate?"

She huffs and shakes her head, "No, Mia." Josie takes my hand and spins me around. "You gotta be all cute for your man!"

I roll my eyes and stir the bowl, "I don't need to impress Nate-"

"He would play so well if he saw you all dolled up, though!" She tries to persuade me.

I huff, "Fine. But, I'm not wearing something crazy. It's cold, and I don't want to be-"

"You realize that it will get warm in there since it's a closed stadium, right?"

I wave her off, "Oh, well. Shay will meet us there." I say to her as I plate our food. "How is Maddie feeling?"

Maddie isn't feeling well. She hasn't been these couple of days, so I made her some chicken noodle soup. My Mom says it can help any sickness.

"She's doing better," she tells me as she sits down and grabs the plate out of my hands. "Thanks. Is Carter coming?"

"Uhm, no. He said that he's going to melt if he sees anymore hot and sweaty guys on the court." I read off precisely what he texted me.

Jos laughs, "Of course he said that," she tells me, mid-bite. "This is good, by the way."

I take a bite of the pasta. It tastes pretty good. I would have added more butter to it, but I'm supposed to be on a soccer diet right now.

"Thanks, you know, I could teach you how to make it." I joke.

She waves me off and goes back to eating. "Then, when could I have the excuse to eat your food?"

I roll my eyes and keep eating. "So, Valentine's day countdown has started-" I look up at her as she talks to me, "Do you have any plans for Valentine's with your boo?"

I set my fork down as I chew. I scrunch my eyebrows as I try to remember if Nate and I have talked about it yet. I shake my head, "I don't think so, but then again, I could have forgotten. I don't even think Nate has remembered that it's February tomorrow."

"Mia, I can tell you right now that he has not forgotten."She laughs, "Only you could get away with that, though, Mia."

I tilt my head to the side as she talks. "What do you me-"

"I mean that Nate is so in love with you that he would be okay if you wanted to sit in your bed with him the whole day and do nothing because he's with you." She shakes her head. "I want something like what you and Nate have."