Chapter 30

I messed up

I messed up. Well, that's for sure.

Mia's a little angel, and I hurt her. I didn't mean to, I yelled at her, and she was trying to help me. She's always trying to help me.

But, Coach. I'm pissed off at him. He had no right to make Mia that scared. And when I mean scared, I mean that he told her something that made her nervous. She didn't tell me, and she was going to keep it to herself. And she's not going to burden me with the information that's making her so nervous. She gets it from Micheal.

I know this because I went to see Marla this morning. I was in a horrible mood, and then Marla told me Mia was in a sad mood when she came yesterday.

"Just give her some time, sweetie," Marla tells me with a little hug.

I huff out a breath. "What if I don't want to give Mia some time?" I ask her as I look over at her.

She smiles, "I know. Give her a little time."

I nod and get up. "Bye, Mar," I yell to her before opening the door.

"Don't be stupid, Nate!" She calls out to me before I close the door.

I roll my eyes and climb into my truck. I rest my head on the wheel.

Ugh. I'm so upset. This is definitely not how I wanted to spend my Wednesday.

You know what? I'm going to see her. I don't care.

I start my car and go to the grocery store first. I have to butter her up before I can apologize.

She'll forgive me, right? I hope so. I would do anything for her as long as she forgives me.

I grab her chips, candy, cotton candy grapes, cookies, and a big water bottle. The girl doesn't drink anything other than water.

"Did you say something wrong to your girlfriend?" The woman behind the counter asks me as she scans the food.

I give her a guilty smile. "Yes, do you think this is a good idea?"

She gives me a small nod, "I would think so."

"Thanks for saying that." I give her a nod as I pick up the bag and walk out of the store.

I put the bag in the passenger seat and rest my head on the headrest. I'm hoping that this will work. If it doesn't, I might just have to camp out at her house until she forgives me.

I drive to her house and find that it looks like she's at home. Well, her car is at home, so I'm hoping she's here and she's alone.

I grab the bag and walk to the door. I knock on the door and wait a couple of seconds, which feel like hours. Josie opens the door, not looking impressed.

"Hey, Jos. How are you?"

"Hey, Jos. How are you?" She mimics me. "I'm mad at you. You're a real di-"