Chapter 9

I was surprised that the boys actually came this morning

I was surprised that the boys actually came this morning. At ten this morning, we got a knock on the door, and there they were. Ben had an iced coffee for Josie, Luke had a caramel macchiato for Maddie, and Nate brought me a green tea. They shoved us out the door even though I hadn't grabbed a snack for later.

"Don't worry, I'm getting you food soon. It's on one of the stops." Nate whispers in my ear as he puts his head on my shoulder while we wait for the elevator. I grin back at him.

"Really? How did you know I was hungry?"

"Your face! You look so hungry." He says to me while he rolls his eyes.

"What's with your attitude today?" I ask him because he has a scowl on his face.

"He has to share his time with you today!" Luke and Ben both tell me. I look at Nate who has a cheeky grin on his face. He shrugs and nods.

"Okay just to check, what are your guys' majors again? Because we'll point out the important spots." Luke asks from the driver seat.

"Physical Therapy" I say.

"Engineering" Josie says, "Don't look at me like that, Ben." He snickers and she scowls.

"Communications" Maddie answers him.

"Let's hit the road, eh?" Luke says. He gets a bunch of yes's from the pact car.

"On your right, you have the medical wing." Nate says, who's next to me. I smile. He scoots closer to me until I'm literally squished next to him and the door of the car.

Did I mention the seating?

Luke's driving, and Ben is next to him. The biggest car they have is Jeep that Luke drives. Nate is somehow in the middle, yet he's the biggest one in the car. But, he is the one that offered to sit back here. Josie and Maddie are on his right, and I'm on his left. Unfortunately, he keeps scooting closer. Maybe he should have sat in the front if he has to keep readjusting.

At least Josie saves my day. "Nate, I have room if you would like to scoot over a little."

But, of course Nate being Nate says, "I think we're good. Isn't that right, Mia?" He smiles at me.

I smile weakly and mutter, "Yeah, we're good."

Josie mouths I'm sorry girl.

When I look back at the medical wing, I realize it's beautiful. The architecture is so beautiful and there's no where else I'd rather be right now.

"Good thing we didn't stop at the Pizza Place." Luke says and everyone looks at me.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"That stupid stunt you pulled last time." Luke says.

"Last time?" Nate says to me, with a raised brow.